Download

(39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

So how do I get unreal to either change the variable base on the text file or do something (like pause the game) if there is a/any change in that text file?

6750328c6afdd7e829d8f5e900288369ed1e0bfc.png

Regarding the requests above I shall get to them as soon as I can :slight_smile:

Rama

New BP Node, Flash Game on Task Bar! (Windows)

Dear Community,

Here is a video of my latest BP node!

This node enables you to flash your UE4 game on the Windows OS task bar when you feel you need to get the user’s attention!

I also have a WindowIsForeground BP node you can use to figure out if you even need to flash the task bar (ie, is the user already paying attention to the game window?).

Useful for DLC, other downloaded, or important in-game events such as getting an in-game chat message!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SKoDWzNu1bU

**New Download for UE4 4.13 Preview (55mb, Media Fire)**
https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **<~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **<~~~~~~ NEW!**

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)-Rama-s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Prior Engine Versions

**4.12: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/g441k2815r5b045/VictoryPlugin12.zip

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

**Donations can be sent to me via:**
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

♥

Rama

Its about time for EPIC to hire you as their main essentials developer. All these things should have been in the engine from the beginning. You are awesome!
Im looking forward to your UDP BP nodes :smiley:

Thank you Rama for your excellent job!

I have a suggestion for a blueprint node, it was being discussed between Epic Staffs if it is a bug or not for years!

The Impact Point information from Start Sphere from Sphere Trace functions is not working! If the First Spawned Sphere Trace gets a hit, it just return the own trace point of origin!

I still have hopes that someone will bring that out, because even in C++ are BUGGED, the dev in charge even put a new node on Break Hit Result->Initial Overlap because he can’t solve or just insist saying is not a bug lol!
Again, some Staff from Epic tested it and said it is a BUG, but the dev in charge said multiple times it is not haha.

Thank you very much!

Other similar topics:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-as-impa.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ird-again.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...loc-and-e.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

I was able to compile and use the 4.13 update, but packaging Win64 Development returns the following errors:
Edit: Same errors on Win64 shipping

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)” (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::CreatePhysicsState(void)” (?CreatePhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::DestroyPhysicsState(void)” (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UActorComponent::DestroyPhysicsState(void)” (?DestroyPhysicsState@UActorComponent@@MEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(VictoryBPLibrary.generated.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)” (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: UE4-VictoryBPLibrary.lib(Module.VictoryBPLibrary.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl AActor::UnregisterAllComponents(void)” (?UnregisterAllComponents@AActor@@UEAAXXZ)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Z:\UEProjects\TheNest_MP_02\Binaries\Win64\TheNest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Same error

I am getting this as well. We have modified the engine and built it from source, so I get all the way through successfully compiling the project with the added plugin, and have verified that it is enabled in the plugins menu of the Editor, but when I add the line in DefaultEngine.ini, I get the same error. I tried following the exact same instructions and process using the standard 4.11 runtime version of the editor (not built from source code) and it crashes. Please advise.

If I ever want to release my game for mac or mobile I have to get rid of every victory node manually right? I currently have used a lot of victory nodes without even noticing since like half of the nodes have victory in the name while other half don’t. Now If I want to get rid of all I used I have to find them somehow, how would that be possible?

I really appreciate the wide use the victory nodes have, a lot I have done will be very hard to create without them I imagine. Anyway, being stuck with PC Windows only is a huge bummer.

I released a mac version of my plugin. It is in this thread a few pages back (sorry I can’t find the link at the moment) :slight_smile:
Direct link is here:

I believe this is 4.12

Regarding mobile, you would need someone who has C++ powers to compile for whichever mobile platform you need.

I wish people using my plugin who are doing mac and mobile would post versions for these platforms which I have a hard time supporting as I am mostly using PC :slight_smile:

Rama

Hi there!

I just packaged 4.13 Shipping with no issues:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Automation.Execute: BUILD SUCCESSFUL
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=0 (Success)

Do you have VS2015 on that computer / C++ powers?

I can’t explain why you are getting those errors and I am not.

:slight_smile:

Rama

Dear Community,

Here is a reminder of some of the extra UMG nodes that are in my Victory Plugin, and available to you courtesy of our lovely UE4 Community Member @Kris!

:heart:

Rama

Hello, thought I would post about my issues with Linux and the plugin (also for Rama if you read this it impacts your Save plugin as well).

We used the plugin in 4.10 on our linux servers with no issue and recently started the process of updating to 4.12. I thought there was some new process or something going on as the servers were spitting out tons of errors related to the plugin where as the windows client and windows server had no issue.

The plugin has windows whitelisted in the uplugin file at the root of the plugin directory. Once I removed the whitelisting it compiled just fine and the linux server binaries were back to working.

Just thought I would post to hopefully save someone else some time and perhaps get it mentioned in the documentation somewhere if you want to keep that enabled if you want to only “officially” support it on Windows as it seems to work in Linux without much issue.

Thanks.

Hey, it seems my last message went by unnoticed. So I’ll just quote myself real quick.

Are there any pointers what the issue could be?

I’m basically trying to get a thumbnail for my save games. For that I’m spawning a scene capture, use it’s output as a texture in a material that is converted into a slate brush with the “Make Brush from Material” node and the output of that goes into the “Get Brush Resource as texture 2D”.

This seems to be overcomplicated, but it’s so far the only thing I got working in a way that shows the images from the scene capture on my widgets. I’m just stuck at actually saving those images in any way.
I’d be happy with a workaround or anything as long as it works in the end.

@Rama thanks for all these great nodes, is it possible to make a character portrait node for UMG? there is hardly any info about this and the current blueprint method is a hack job having a node for this would be great thanks.

Load Level Instance is Live in 4.13 Main Release!

Dear Community,

Epic accepted my C++ Code for the Victory BP Library node, Load Level Instance, and it is now live in 4.13!

You can now access this BP node in the main engine release right now!

LoadLevelInstance.jpg

c80b57dcf740d2ea8f58f3db78991718e65cbb36.jpeg

LoadLevelInstance3.jpg

This looks fantastic Rama! I didn’t see this node before, but I can start making use of this almost immediately. No more manually linking my streamed levels. Thank you so much.

Hey Rama, do you have a 4.13 packaged build available?

Any chance of getting proper releases on Github? I’m on 4.12.5 currently. The latest on Github for 4.13 is not compatible, and the download you’ve linked to on the wiki is older (pre-4.11.6) and needs manual fixing just to compile.

4.13 version ?

Hello @Rama, thanks again for your awesome contributions :slight_smile:

Regarding the Actor Merging, unless I’m missing something silly this doesn’t create instanced static meshes? It just combines into a single static mesh (thankfully with collision in 4.13), so it’s not a replacement for your system? I’m confused!

I’ve re-enabled ISMs in your plugin and it still works great, the ability to go back and forth between ISMs and SMs so easily is invaluable :slight_smile:

Would love to know what I’m missing here!

Thanks.