Input Touch Doesn't Work Until I Use A Joystick

Bug definition: Touch input’s moved event doesn’t fire until you interact with a widget or joystick.

To reproduce follow these steps:

1. Create a clean level

2. Go to Project Settings>Input>Touch Interface. Set this to “Default Virtual Joystick”, which is an engine content.

3. Enable “Use mouse for touch input” here.

4. Add nodes you see in the image below to your custom player controller. Set this as your player controller.

5. Press play.

6. Don’t touch anything!

7. Be careful, don’t interact with the joysticks while doing this: Try to move your mouse over the viewport while clicking. You will see that outputs are only “pressed” and “released”. “moved” output won’t be generated :frowning:

8. Click or use one of the joysticks.

9. Now it works. What changed now?

I wasn’t able to reproduce this on 4.10. This problem started after I upgrade my project to 4.11. I was able to reproduce on another computer. I didn’t test on another project but I expect it to behave in same way.

I can also reproduce this by using “SetInputMode…” functions, during runtime. Once I use one of these three functions, I have to tap a joystick to make InputTouch>MovedEvent work.

This problem doesn’t occur on Android phones, it only occurs on PC.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue and is in our system as UE-29936.