4.7.5 [UMG BUG] Throbber

Creating a Set Number of Pieces node from the Throbber is not working. Always gives 0. Easy to replicate in a new project. Just create HUD with a throbber add a set number of pieces and it will not appear on screen.

Howdy tatzel,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have attempted to replicate this issue internally on 4.7.5 and have not run into any errors. Here is what i have done so far:

• I have added a throbber widget to the widget blueprint.
  • I placed it into the top left had corner of the Widget and binded it to that corner
  • I have increased the number of pieces to 8
  • I have then opened the Level Blueprint and set the widget to show in viewport as so:

• I then saved all and PIE, Standalone, and in New Viewport

Would there be any additional steps needed to reproduce this issue that you have been seeing. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Sean!
You must set the number through a blueprint node “set number of pieces”.
Make sure you make the throbber a variable and " get set number of pieces"

Hey tatzel,

Thank you for providing that additional information. I was able to recreate this issue internally. I have entered JIRA report UE-14226 into our bug database so that the issue may be addressed in a future release.

I was only able to recreate the issue using Event Tick. When I used event construct, i was able to see the Throbber with no error. Is this what you are seeing as well?

Thanks and have a great day!