Function Output missing at call node

This seems to be the same issue as Function wont return an array on its call node - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums - except that I seem to have found a way of reproducing this.
Sometimes it works for a brief moment, and then suddenly reverts to no-output-pins again. I’m guessing this has some particular problems with an array of structs.

1. Create a BP Struct, add a member.
  2. Create a BP Actor, add a new function.
  3. Add an output pin of type “array of that BP Struct from #1”.
  4. Create a local variable of type “array of that BP Struct from #1” and put some nodes into place that perform the necessary work to fill that array. Plug it into the output pin at the end.
  5. Compile the Function, switch back to Event Graph.
  6. Drop the Function onto the Canvas*

*) With #6, it randomly works or does not work. With the sample project however, it seems to always not work for me.

This is on the Launcher version of 4.7.3 ( 4.7.3-2479750+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7)

[Sample Project][2]

Hi BhaaL,

Thank you for the report. I was easily able to reproduce the error and I believe I know the cause. It doesn’t have anything to do with the struct, but it has to do with the Reroute node being used in combination with the array. If the Reroute node is removed from the function, the Output pin will appear again.

I’ve entered this as JIRA UE-12879 and our developers will be looking into it further. We will post back here with updates as we have them.

Cheers,

TJ

That explains why I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue at first, as I just hastily mashed together a sample and got frustrated that it actually worked.
For the one attached, I was aiming for a repro-case to be uploaded, so I wanted it to be kinda pretty.

I’ll work without the Reroute as a workaround for now, thanks!

Hi BhaaL,

I just wanted to let you know that this has now been fixed internally. You will see it working properly in a future update.

Cheers,

TJ