Editing a struct array closes up panel

Branch: Launcher

Build Version: 4.7.1

Description: Editing a Struct array in a blueprint class causes panel to close up - it doesn’t do it if there is a value in textbox, so editing seems to work as expected

Repro:

1. Add a custom struct
  2. Create a blueprint actor class
  3. add custom struct variable and make it an array
  4. add a few elements
  5. toggle drop down to see all elements
  6. choose an element and toggle it to open it
  7. edit a text field and press enter or tab
  8. panel closes up

Hi GeeksGoneBad,

I wasn’t able to reproduce this in a new project. Does this occur in a new project for you, or only in your current project? Was your project converted up from a previous engine version? When you say panel closes up, do you mean variable details collapses? Does this only happen with String structure elements? Are you sure you’re not compiling and/or saving when you’re hitting enter? Any other details that might help us reproduce this behavior here? Thanks!

I just created a new project and I could not reproduce it either so it seems its just in my current project that was converted from a previous version - so maybe it’s a false alarm then - sorry about that!

That’s okay, but I’d like to enter a bug report for it if we’re able to find a reproduction case. Did you upgrade project from 4.6.1? Did structure and bp exist in previous version, or did it happen with a new one in converted project?

it was upgraded from 4.6.1 and struct did not exist before upgrade, I’ve also crated a new struct in GameState blueprint and it did not do it - I think this was a phantom problem

Okay, sounds good. If this pops up again, please let us know. I’ll go ahead and resolve this post for now. Thanks for report!

I’m having same issue with my current project, and similarly can not repro in a clean project.

Hi all,

One of our team members was able to reproduce this issue, and we’ve entered a bug report for it: UE-12900. I wasn’t aware this had happened until now, but I wanted to make sure you knew. This is still being worked on, but I will watch it and let you know if there’s any update. Thanks for report!

Hi Taisaku,

Thanks for letting us know! I didn’t another search in our bug database, and it looks like this was reproduced internally. See answer below.

I have been sticking with 4.6 waiting for 4.7 to stabilise.
I did an upgrade test today to 4.7.5.

bug described by GeeksGoneBad is first thing I noticed and it happens every time (very distracting & time consuming).

E.g.
In my blueprint I have created an array variable (myArrayOfStructs) of type MyBooleanStruct. MyBooleanStruct is a struct that contains e.g. ‘IsVisible’ :[boolean]

I wish to edit ‘IsVisible’ property in element [0] of my array.

In my blueprint I select myArrayOfStructs in variables panel and its array elements are displayed under details tab.

I open element [0] and tick ‘IsVisible’ to set it to true, but every time it is ticked(clicked) whole panel closes up. Panel also closes up when editing a float value then selecting another property.

This never happened in 4.6.

Hi ,

Thanks for extra notes! issue has been reported already in UE-12900, but it’s still being looked into. It will likely not be fixed until after 4.8 release. I have updated bug with your notes.

Any update on this? I have a rather large struct with nested structs for 2d+ arrays that are becoming exceedingly tedious to edit. Just curious if a fix is planned for 4.9.

Not yet. It’s currently marked as a possible 4.10 fix, but there’s no guarantee. It definitely won’t make it in time for 4.9 official, however. I’ll post here when I see a fix come in.

Was wondering if there is an update on this? Working in 4.11.2 and this bug is still there.

Hello,

This issue is currently investigation by our developers; however, there is currently not a timeline for when a fix will be released.

Have a great day