Free 3d models upon your requests

Hi,
I like to do 3d modelling and wanna make some for free for this great community.
So in this thread I will build some models after your requests. As you can see in this example video, I prefer doing curvy futuristic designs for exteriors and interiors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZOM6ThJ1E

Ideally your requests are more generally usable, please don’t for ask something too specific. Rather general uses, so many people can benefit from it.

So…what would you need, like to have?
You can send me your requests via private message here, or via Discord: my ID there is: Vollgaser#5202

When importing to UE, check on “combine meshes”, and you dont have to import textures/materials:

3 Likes

A stiffener and column in matching design. You have optional different material ID’s to which you can assign different materials, e.g. lights. The UV’s are set up for 1 square meter each.

TrusshapeA.fbx (457.3 KB)
TrusshapeAcolumn.fbx (1.1 MB)

Additionally to use rotation, scaling, mirroring…you can also use the separate material ID’s options for the static mesh’s collision: In this example the outer “fassade” and inner “center” material ID’s were unchecked for “enable collision” (and cast shadow), so Unreal does not take them into account for creating the collision. As you can see the resulting “hole” only uses the frame’s material geometry for calculating the collision:

Then use a 100% transparent material in these materials slots, and you can create different geometry with proper collision out of one and the same mesh. Here some variations and combinations as example:

TrusshapeB.fbx (179.8 KB)

A versatile U-shape with an optional thinner extrusion. Some use-cases here:

U-tunnel.fbx (251.3 KB)

A wall element 10 x 4 meters for many uses. Scaled down even as display or tabletop :slight_smile:

wall-element-10x4m.fbx (847.7 KB)

Use it as futuristic stiffener, or as a gadget, weapon…

Gun-stiffer.fbx (987.2 KB)

1 Like