Test Runs Crashing After Splash Screen

Hello, I’m trying to test run my game on my android (Moto G 4g lte, android 5.1), It works fine in the engine and Mobile Device preview, but on my phone it displays the splash screen I made for a few moments, and then crashes with no explanation. Nothing that I can find in the editor log, and no report on the device. I took a debug report, but that’s not much help as its mostly coded data about the state of the CPU and RAM at the time. I’ve checked that there are no materials in the map that are transparent or Sub Surface. Has any body else had this problem? Any Idea as to what it could be? Thanks!

Hi Alan_Sorrill,

You will need to look at the adb logcat from the device. Run “adb logcat -c” to clear the log, then “adb logcat” to start logging and then launch your app. Messages tagged with UE4 are from the engine.

Are you calling Google Logon services? If it’s crashing when calling there’s likely something wrong with your Android Google Play Services configuration.

I have had this issue. It seems others have as well but there’s never any do XYZ to fix it. @Distul, I don’t think it’s consistently with the configuration. I’ve gone through unrelated changes and suddenly logon services were working. I don’t even remember what it was that I did to get it to work but my Android Google Play Services were unchanged when it started working for whatever odd reason.

try to test the game with the basic ue4 splash screen.
i got problem crash with my game because of my custom splash

Same thing here. Reset the splash to default. Make sure you read this:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?83159-Android-SDK-and-API-23

I had the same type of crashes. What resolved it was

1. Reset the splash to default (changed it later back to custom)
  2. Follow the steps in that topic, and set it to 19 (not 21, not 22, not latest, but 19) And match NDK :slight_smile: