Azuma House Archviz

Hey everyone! Here is my take on Tadao Ando Azuma House. Hope you like it!
Any critiques and comments are most welcome.
Cheers!
behance thread: https://www.behance.net/gallery/33559465/Azuma-House-Unreal-Enigne-4-Archviz

Animation

Edit: Here is simple walktrough video. Tell me what you think about it.

cb3e60e8a48149d22d1d62296ee64f886492cb15.jpeg

b13a0a1c4f9fd00c16452882833d7f53ef3e6941.jpeg

3fdbaaf5e1bafd2398191f52a0a1ad2b6cef0371.jpeg

daa6a777a096b9dfa7fe63f596b0ebbe0e215821.jpeg

ad86f84e91a60ac07060a30e6cf700378b6e5f96.jpeg

Looks very nice man!

Thanks Phil! I am glad you like it!

Very nice project indeed! Can you speak a little about your workflow (i.e., modeling, texture, lighting, etc.)? I know it’s a very broad question, but any insight is appreciated. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Wow it 's very nice ! hope u can have more products !

Thanks mhagelsieb!

As for the workflow.
In this case I got the main building 3D model from Ronen Bekerman freebies and first I’ve had to rebuild it to work well with UE. There were many unnecessary sculpted elements and almost all of the objects were build as one.
I am always trying to use very simple materials with basic maps - diffuse, reflect, normal. For diffuse chanel it is good to mix few textures with different scales to lose tiling effect.
As for lighting I used skylight and direct lighting together with few spot lights.

Thanks for the info! Can i ask where you got the vegetation for the green wall? It looks great! I’m working on a project that needs a green wall and what you have shown would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

No problem. I don’t want to mislead you, but I think I got this one from 3dsky.

There’s a free ivy generator on the web, do a Google you should find it. It grows ivy on any mesh.

Haha, I just saw a youtube video about that house… very nice :slight_smile:

hi looks great . I got a question are you using tessellation for any of the textures or is it all normal maps . thanks :slight_smile:

normal maps :slight_smile:

Excellent work!

Beautiful scene!

Thanks guys! Looking at the scene now I think the end result could’ve been a little colder.

I disagree. I think you’ve got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

Also, what’s your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

Thanks again!

I am always preparing models in Cinema4D with built in uv tools.
Unwrapping Uv’s for the ivy also took a little bit of time. I didn’t touch my PC for half an hour after unwrapping started, but in the end the second channel came out quite nice.

Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by “mix textures with different scales”?

Thanks!

very nice :slight_smile:

could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?