User Tag List

Thread: Azuma House Archviz

Azuma House Archviz

Hey everyone! Here is my take on Tadao Ando Azuma House. Hope you like it!
    Any critiques and comments are most welcome.
    Cheers!
    behance thread: https://www.behance.net/gallery/3355...igne-4-Archviz

Animation

Edit: Here is simple walktrough video. Tell me what you think about it.

Name:  c42a5a33559465.56afbdf94c930.jpg
Views: 6506
Size:  494.0 KB

Name:  a01d2533559465.56afbdf9504fb.jpg
Views: 4812
Size:  630.5 KB

Name:  7504e533559465.56afbdf9487bd.jpg
Views: 4939
Size:  496.9 KB

Name:  d1100833559465.56afbdf953fd8.jpg
Views: 4775
Size:  268.1 KB

Name:  5e0e2933559465.56afbdf952cdb.jpg
Views: 4933
Size:  252.4 KB

Name:  54d79c33559465.56afbdf95625e.jpg
Views: 4706
Size:  321.6 KB

Name:  4425ac33559465.56afbdf955101.jpg
Views: 4677
Size:  807.8 KB

Name:  43af9533559465.56afbdf9575d8.jpg
Views: 4613
Size:  422.2 KB

Name:  bb435533559465.56afbdf94dd83.jpg
Views: 4710
Size:  668.0 KB

Name:  e600a833559465.56afbdf94b376.jpg
Views: 4581
Size:  656.8 KB

Name:  c8ec0933559465.56afbdf951932.jpg
Views: 4574
Size:  299.6 KB

Name:  8bf15d33559465.56afbdf94f271.jpg
Views: 4609
Size:  423.5 KB
    Last edited by Klepadło; 02-03-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Looks very nice man!

Thanks Phil! I am glad you like it!

Very nice project indeed! Can you speak a little about your workflow (i.e., modeling, texture, lighting, etc.)? I know it's a very broad question, but any insight is appreciated. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Wow it 's very nice ! hope u can have more products !

Quote Originally Posted by mhagelsieb View Post
    Very nice project indeed! Can you speak a little about your workflow (i.e., modeling, texture, lighting, etc.)? I know it's a very broad question, but any insight is appreciated. Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Thanks mhagelsieb!

As for the workflow.
    In this case I got the main building 3D model from Ronen Bekerman freebies and first I've had to rebuild it to work well with UE. There were many unnecessary sculpted elements and almost all of the objects were build as one.
    I am always trying to use very simple materials with basic maps - diffuse, reflect, normal. For diffuse chanel it is good to mix few textures with different scales to lose tiling effect.
    As for lighting I used skylight and direct lighting together with few spot lights.

Thanks for the info! Can i ask where you got the vegetation for the green wall? It looks great! I'm working on a project that needs a green wall and what you have shown would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

Thanks for the info! Can i ask where you got the vegetation for the green wall? It looks great! I'm working on a project that needs a green wall and what you have shown would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks again!
    No problem. I don't want to mislead you, but I think I got this one from 3dsky.

There's a free ivy generator on the web, do a Google you should find it. It grows ivy on any mesh.

Haha, I just saw a youtube video about that house.. very nice

hi looks great . I got a question are you using tessellation for any of the textures or is it all normal maps . thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spacehawk View Post
    hi looks great . I got a question are you using tessellation for any of the textures or is it all normal maps . thanks :-)
    normal maps

Excellent work!

Beautiful scene!

Thanks guys! Looking at the scene now I think the end result could've been a little colder.

I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

Thanks again!

I disagree. I think you've got it spot on. I think the warmth is a nice contrast to the typical cold feeling of concrete.

Thanks for the info above about the scene. Can I ask for a little more info on how you did the vegetation again? You mentioned it being a model from 3dsky, which i was able to find a few, but when I try to add a second uv channel using steamroller 3ds max comes to a halt with such a high poly count.

Also, what's your software pipeline (i.e., rhino, 3dsmax, sketchup, etc.)?

Thanks again!
    I am always preparing models in Cinema4D with built in uv tools.
    Unwrapping Uv's for the ivy also took a little bit of time. I didn't touch my PC for half an hour after unwrapping started, but in the end the second channel came out quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Klepadło View Post
    Thanks mhagelsieb!
    For diffuse chanel it is good to mix few textures with different scales to lose tiling effect.
    Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mix textures with different scales"?

Thanks!

very nice

could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?

Quote Originally Posted by ivancina View Post
    could you tell us your lighting workflow and what are the lightmass settings both in editor and .ini file? 4.11 or 4.10 version?
    The project was done in 4.11 preview. Actually there was no need to change settings in ini files. My world settings were SLLS=0.5, ILQ=6

This is WHY I like UE4 for architectural rendering and animation. The material rendition is exceptional and so is the realistic quality of light. My only complaint? The concrete doesn't mimic Ando's and Ando is all about his concrete:

Name:  AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO.jpg
Views: 3865
Size:  49.6 KB <---REAL

Name:  AZUMA_HOUSE_TADAO_ANDO_UE4.jpg
Views: 3903
Size:  268.1 KB

Excellent work!!
    Last edited by PhillyArchitect; 02-17-2016 at 12:19 AM.

That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?

Quote Originally Posted by Vollgaser View Post
    That raw concrete gives not a cosy feeling, rather like a WW2 bunker. Would you personally like to live in a bunker?
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=bruta...t0DN4Q_AUIBigB

I love that style of architecture!

That is pretty **** amazing right there

well done! im working on detailed koshino house with that so called "ando concrete" all around. it's really pain in the *** to tile them properly on different walls to look seamless. maybe he choose that way because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rranon View Post
    Great project! Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mix textures with different scales"?

Thanks!
    i also like to know what he means about that mix thingy.

I think he just meant a blend material... and scale each texture separately to achieve the look he want... Nothing very complex!

Texturecoordinate node (change tiling = scale)

Great work. Love the lighting!
    UE4 blog: www.michalorzelek.com/blog/ - Tutorials, free content and more!

Infiltrator
    Great work, you got the light spot on!
    Coincidentally I was just finishing working on chair very similar to the one you used when I saw the post, haha.

Wow small party in here...

Thanks everyone! I am glad you like it.
    As for the question about materials - heartlessphil wrote what was needed 3 posts up!

superb ... and reading your workflow description. u make it sound like the workflow are relatively easy but I do still struggling on it.

Please keep the thread update. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Klepadło View Post
    Hey everyone!. . . .
    . . . . . Tell me what you think about it.
    I think it's really beautiful. I think you people are setting new benchmark and showing the world what is possible with unreal engine on the hands of a talented artist like you all ( thanks to all who are setting new goals and filling us with new hope and possibilities).

sorry to barge in here like this , but is there any chance you will sell this on the marketplace ?
    I'm in awe with that lighting ... how did you get it to feel so cold ?

You should put this on the asset store!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post
    sorry to barge in here like this , but is there any chance you will sell this on the marketplace ?
    I'm in awe with that lighting ... how did you get it to feel so cold ?
    That propably won't happen
    The lighting is really basic... very big impact on the image has post process and good textures - maybe play here a little

Looks really good, very realistic, congratulations!

Awesome, This is what i call A Pro Designer , This is so DOPE, I Hope My Horror Game Can Do As Good As This Magnificent Demo Right here.

Keep it Up man I Really Do believe in You

Wow! Superb job and love the lighting and crisp materials!

Where did you get that wood texture from?