Barcelona Apartment

Hi guys,

I wanted to share this project with you that I have been working on for the past months.
It was part of my internship at architectural visualization studio Berga & Gonzalez architects.

My task was to convert a v-ray scene to Unreal 4 with some interactivity functions and Oculus Rift integration.

Here are a few screenshots of the apartment:

And a 360 video tour:

Looks good! Your 360 video is very choppy. What method did you use to export it from UE4?

The lighting is really good.Could you tell me your lighting workflow?

Thanks! Yea it’s choppy for me sometimes as well. I don’t really understand why, because it’s exported at 30fps. I used the method from the 360 plugin panoramic export pipeline.

I used the “old skool” method :stuck_out_tongue: with bouncecards and a spotlight for all the big windows combined with a dynamic sunlight. I decided not to use skylight + portals, because the lighting for this project was already almost done by the time light portals were released.

Lovely scene. Nice even lighting. Would love a link to that 3d pano export. I have been doing it, but the method I found isn’t producing as good of results as yours.

awesome stuff! good job…

Thanks John Rose! Here’s a link to the method I used for the 360 export: 360 Panoramic Export Pipeline - Architecture - Epic Developer Community Forums

How did you create the textures for the bed, did you use a PBR material or not?

Yes, it’s a PBR material, but a very simple one. If I remember correctly it just has a light grey color input with a bit of fresnel falloff, and a normal map for some of the folds.

Nice scene but a bit too ‘‘glowy’’ for an interior, imo. Is it because you have too much light entering? Do you use a lut? Or maybe it’s just the exposure that makes it overbright somehow.

Thanks Phil! I guess it’s a bit of everything :stuck_out_tongue: I have volumetric lighting in the windows + all white walls and ceilings and I’m using a lut as well.

Added a new video! :smiley: