UE4 WIP - Team-based space shooter - Starkiller

Hi everyone. I’m primarily a python web developer and sometimes web designer that’s been learning UE4 and 3d modeling on the side for about a year.

I’ve been working on this on and off for the past few months learning as I go. I’ve decided to start posting updates every month (or so) to make sure I keep the project moving forward.

There’s still a ton of work to do, but development also moves faster as I get more experience working with the pipeline. I’m basically using 3dsmax for the models and ue4 blueprints for most everything else.

I’ve been playing with Z-brush also and think this would be good for character models (keeping with the old school n64 feel but with a bit more detail than was possible at the time). Also, to what extent textures should be used; I haven’t really figured that out yet (mostly because I haven’t really developed that skill.) Right now, it’s very flat, and I think that looks good to an extent, but more distinct textures could add a lot of depth also.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the project. This is a very very part time side project for me, but it is cool to start to see it take shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok884SSzh2M