WIP: Vannacutts Sanitarium

Hi, this is one of my first projects with the unreal 4 editor. I’m creating a sanitarium based upon the art deco building used in house on haunted hill. I thought it’d be great to wander yourself through it’s halls and corridors however… as I start building I also start noticing I feel very limited by the unreal 4 engine (and that’s probably my fault :slight_smile: ) I’m unable to build round archways and I feel like I need custom pieces for my sets but haven’t got a clue on how to make them. THe same goes for texturing. I’ve seen several tutorials but without succes. Do you guys know what would be a great course to follow to start learning the unreal 4 engine for real?

Many thanks

Well, first of, Archways are a small pain in the butt to make, you can easily over do it :smiley:

But, to make your own meshes and textures, I would suggest to take a look at Blender. It’s a free 3D model program and very powerfull.
For texturing, there are multiple solutions, but Photoshop is one of the most known image processing program and has many tutorials available

Here is a topic with free software that can be used for modeling and image processing: