WIP - 2 Penguins

Hi everyone.

Been having my own little game jam and recorded everything in timelapse. Will post that when done just for fun.

2.5d Platformer Puzzle
You are in control of a girl penguin (asset will be created soon) with a boy penguin being so deeply in love he is a zombie. You can command him to jump and will require to do so, so the boy doesnt fall into crayon spiked pits.
Other obstacles will be present.

The project is a secret project with the purpose to propose . At the end of the level there is an impassible obstacle called leap of faith. Its this obstacle that will pop the question so to speak.

The style i had some trouble with and eventually settled on a toy theme with semi realistic rendering.
Epics great examples enabled me to get pretty good results in minimal time. So thank you for that Epic.

Here is 2 screenshots of the first section. I will be posting some more soon as i progress on the asset creation.
The actual gameplay mechanics is already completed with the AI setup and the puzzles prototyped and tested and working.

Thats really cool I love the style. The time lapse was a great idea too, cant wait to see it.

thx

decided to leave the penguin model the same and just create some props that can be attached to create the girl.
I forgot to mention. The boy follows the girl blindly everywhere. You have to use this to your advantage to solve some puzzles.

Taking a break till tomorrow night. Hopefully i can finish this off by Wednesday if life permits.

I havent had much time to work on this. Been waking up 4:30 am every morning to work a little on it before office job but it goes slow being half asleep.
Have until next weekend to get this done.

What i still need to implement

• Characters sway / rock sideways on the beat of the music using the data from the wav spectrum
  • finish writing and adding the story to the walls
  • implement the music changing
  • implement infinite fall while the big question comes
  • Finalize and add props to distinguish girl from boy
  • replace all decals with planes (decals no work so well with indirect lighting)

All other stuff done. All puzzles tested and working.

concept drawing to level