Kraft Augenoptik

Hello everyone,
Here is simple interior scene of Kraft Augenoptik in Germany.
Hope you like it!
C&C are most welcome.

check out my facebook profile for more
https://www.facebook.com/skylinevisualizations/

https://vimeo.com/151429078

1e2dcf485e9ccd68120f52689ddfb4df8f5b6f76.jpeg

94ae80d5b2b6ac7db2dc374ebf89d4ffb79f2533.jpeg

448c61ca78de1fcdb2c2d6f0f8bc1f83fcfb090d.jpeg

3f66c0f10d6e424d29e0fb55282f52197470819c.jpeg

1fc7287e39e795324d5c62ab08d57803157e9791.jpeg

behance thread: https://www.behance.net/Klepadlo

Nice. But where’s the reflection on those sun glasses? I think it should be more reflective for tinted/dark glasses than the clear glasses type.

hey thanks for the notice :slight_smile: I didn’t even think about it:)

I like your scene very much. Try to increase the quality of the shadows underneath the chairs and it’s almost perfect imo! Great work!

Thanks heartlessphil. Should I increase the resolution of the floor lightmap? What is the solution? I used static lighting and I am always having this kind of quality. Should I change to stationary? Thanks for advices!

I think in general, you can increase the shadow quality by increasing the receiver’s light map size, in this case the floor.

One thing that I really like about UE4.11 is the increased quality in lighting/lightmass system. Usually with UE4.11 a light map size of 512 is enough to eliminate the stair step shadows, sometimes even 256 size could work as good as higher size.

Thanks tupikp. This scene was done in 4.9. Is 4.11 preview stable enough to work with or maybe would you recommend waiting for official release?

I would recommend to wait for the official release though. It shouldn’t be long. If everything goes well, the official UE4.11 will be released in February.

You can raise the floor lightmap’s resolution and/or use uncompressed lightmaps if you haven’t already! keep it up!

How do you use uncompressed light maps? Is there a setting for that?

Schön, auch ohne Brille.
:slight_smile:

You can find this in World Settings tab :slight_smile:

Hello Klepadlo. Great work on that scene, I love it.
I have some questions/notes, I’m still relatively new to UE4 so you’d be educating me as well. I’m a little bit detail-obsessed so bear with me haha
First pic is fantastic. you sold me for realism :wink:

For the 2nd pic, I was wondering why the book stack on the shelf doesn’t cast shadows when it’s next to the window? Is it because of the spot light on top of it? Vice versa for the rug pics, why does it cast so strong a shadow when it’s almost flat on the floor?

Now for a side note, if I were to look at these pics alone without any idea that they are rendered models and you were trying to convince me it’s real; what kills that attempt and makes me feel that something’s is off (other than what the other guys said about glasses reflections and chair shadows), is that the scene is too perfect! I would suggest not having all chairs lined up so perfectly against each other and the table - tiny rotations, shifts. Also for the wood material, 5th, 6th and last 2 images are filled with it, so the pattern is noticeable and is off; I’d suggest maybe creating material instances with some UV shifting just to create some randomness, maybe.

Like I said, I’m obsessed with little details so maybe it’s too much. Generally this is a great job!

nice work!