How do i find the Signing certificate fingerprint (SHA1) for my app?

I’m surprised this question hasn’t been posted here because i have literally no idea how to find the (SHA1) key. I’m trying to link my app the the Google play Dev console. When i click authorize now it tells me to enter the (SHA1) key. I can’t find anywhere online how to find it for UE4. Please someone tell me how to find it? Thanks!

Can someone please answer my question if they know the answer?

From the command line with the keytool Google Play Setup - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums
You will want two different aliases entered in oauth for the same app, one for debug builds and one for shipping builds.

None of this is ue4 specific, more at Setting Up Google Play Games Services  |  Google for Developers

Ya i looked into that thread. Frankly i don’t understand there explaination its not very specific to me. It might be easy to understand for you but for me i have trouble understanding it unless the steps are VERY specific, but it’s not.

Ya I looked over the thread again and i still can’t understand it at all. The person doesn’t go into detail at all. especially this part???

Hi Spookey0188,

Do you have a keystore created for distribution? The first commandline is to dump the info from it. You need this keystore to create for distribution. The second commandline is to get the debug keystore which should be in your .android (debug.keystore).

Ya i figured it out through a youtube vid. I found no answer otherwise online or in the forums. Thanks

Can you please post the video? Thanks!

I’m in school and in mobile right now, but ill tell you when i get back home

Here is the link: How to Sign your UE4 Android App - YouTube

the video doesn’t show you how to get the fingerprint certificate, but it tells you the steps on how to get there. After you do exactly what the video tells you, you must go to your documents to C:\Users"YourUserName"\Documents\Unreal Projects"ProjectNAme"\Build\Android. Thats where your keystore file should be in. Press and hold shift and right click on the android folder and click open “Command prompt here”. After that copy and paste this command.

keytool -exportcert -alias <your-key-name> -keystore <path-to-production-keystore> -list -v

And relapse <your-key-name> and <path-to-production-keystore> with whatever you called your keynames from the project settings. After you press enter it should tell you the (SHA1)! If you don’t understand anything reply to me.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am running into this issue. I need to obtain my SHA1 signature fingerprint for my google play services credentials, and am having an issue. I followed what you said to do here with the command prompt, but keep getting errors every time I try to do it. In the <your-key-name), are you meaning the keystore name or the alias name? And in the <path> field, is that looking for a specific file or the actual path on my pc to the keystore file I had generated? (i.e. c:\User…)

<you-key-name> is the alias and <path> is the file.

1 Like

Unreal Engine Doc Link: Signing Android Projects for Release on the Google Play Store with Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation
Youtube Go thorugh Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhoYHPstpo&list=LLvB8sNRUGx3_1EN5tqL8iRA&index=3

Just to Compile everything at one place:
How to get SHA-1/SHA-256 Certificate fingerprints in Windows:

1. Go to C: > Program Files > Android > Android Studio > jre > bin
    (You should be able to find keytool.exe file in this folder)

2. Run This Command
    keytool -genkey -v -keystore <Filename which you want for your keystore> -alias <alias name> -storepass <Password> -validity 9999

For Example:
Filename which you want for your keystore : store.keystore
alias: ALIAS
Password: 123456

keytool -genkey -v -keystore store.keystore -alias ALIAS -storepass 123456 -validity 9999

Output:
What is your first and last name?
[Unknown]: Test Guy
What is the name of your organizational unit?
[Unknown]: DempApp
What is the name of your organization?
[Unknown]: Demo
What is the name of your City or Locality?
[Unknown]: City
What is the name of your State or Province?
[Unknown]: State
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
[Unknown]: XX
Is CN=Test Guy, OU=DempApp, O=Demo, L=City, ST=State, C=XX correct?
[no]: yes

Generating 2,048 bit DSA key pair and self-signed certificate (SHA256withDSA) with a validity of 9,999 days
for: CN=Test Guy, OU=DempApp, O=Demo, L=City, ST=State, C=XX
Enter key password for
(RETURN if same as keystore password):
[Storing store.keystore]

1. You can now find “store.keystore” file in this directory(C: > Program Files > Android > Android Studio > jre > bin)

2. Copy this file into your unreal engine project at this location:
    C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectName\Build\Android

3. Open CMD as Administrator in this directory(C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectName\Build\Android).

4. Run this command to get your SHA-1 and SHA-256 fingerprints:
    keytool -alias ALIAS -keystore store.keystore -list -v

5. In the project setting in your project in Unreal engine, Go to Project Setting> Platforms > Android > Distribution Signing

6. Enter the above details here too.

2 Likes