User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Multiplayer TopDown Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Soulast View Post
    Is there some ease way to make a connection to someone IP?
    The console command is simply "open IP".

If you look at the unreal wiki you can learn all the console commands (Knowing such commands will help you setup logic to execute these commands in blueprints for example if you wanted a text box where you can input the ip and then press connect instead of using the console).

You will need to make sure the hosting computers router is configured to have outside connections able to connect to it.
    The default listening port is UDP 7777, but you can find more information on answerhub and the wiki if you run into issues connecting.

Supporter
    Trying to merge the Kit with your Action RPG Inventory System by following the video tutorial but this error is stopping me, any clue what's gone wrong? The link was fine when I copied it but when I pasted it it then broke.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Spazturtle View Post
    Trying to merge the Kit with your Action RPG Inventory System by following the video tutorial but this error is stopping me, any clue what's gone wrong? The link was fine when I copied it but when I pasted it it then broke.

It's expecting an EquipmentInventoryComponent. Wich is a child class of InventoryComponent. The charactet should have an EquipmentInventoryComponent and basic inventorys that don't update a pawn would use the InventoryComponent.

If you are still having issues please send us a support email and I can give you a quicker response and help get you going .

Where do you edit the number of players per session in blueprints, I'm bad in finding it (0/4 etc)? And its showing 4 palyers limit, however its possible to connect any number of clients tru open "urip". Have not tested within the "server list".
    And is it possible to get already two merged projects for 4.15? (TopDown-Kit + ARPGIS)

Found answer to my first question: MPTopDownGameInstance(edit Multiplayer variables) if s1 else interested.
    Last edited by Cryptaline; 05-15-2017 at 09:16 PM.

@Pirate can you please explain why FPS drops drastically when you respawn after death close to ur corpse/corpses. More corpses - more FPS drops. Actually 5-10 corpses can kill to 0 all ur FPS, eh. I don't think that additional 5-10 models(even w/ 40k of polys) can do that damage to performance. In fact, if you add 10 or even 20 additional zombies in to the level, it will decrease FPS a lil, but not to 0, maybe 5-10 FPS less only.
    Last edited by Cryptaline; 05-17-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptaline View Post
    @Pirate can you please explain why FPS drops drastically when you respawn after death close to ur corpse/corpses. More corpses - more FPS drops. Actually 5-10 corpses can kill to 0 all ur FPS, eh. I don't think that additional 5-10 models(even w/ 40k of polys) can do that damage to performance. In fact, if you add 10 or even 20 additional zombies in to the level, it will decrease FPS a lil, but not to 0, maybe 5-10 FPS less only.
    Sounds like it would be the dynamic shadows. If you have shadows set to "Epic" in your project it can be quite performance draining depending on your hardware.

I don't see what else would be causing it as it is deffinitely not the poly count on the player and zombie meshes.

Yep it was all about that torch(fireball). Having multiple torches close to each other was not good @ all while casting dynamic shadows on to the level. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptaline View Post
    Yep it was all about that torch(fireball). Having multiple torches close to each other was not good @ all while casting dynamic shadows on to the level. Thank you.
    Ok great , thanks for letting me know.

@Pirate any additional changes to 4.16?

Works on my android phone, with some modifications

I'm new to android development, so this is a dirty demo :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAE4Q_deSgw&feature=youtu.be

I wouldn't know how to setup a dedicated server, so I can't comment on the networking side of things.

tyvm for this awesome package

Hi I need Ai follow to nearest player how can I do that? In top down kits Ai like guided missile following first see character how can I fix that? (You can imagine like left 4 dead 2 or kiling floor 2)

My team is utilizing both the top-down kit and the inventory system for our project. We just really starting to dig into the blueprints of this setup, but we've hit a bug that we're not seeing the problem from.
    The tooltip is not displaying the correct information. It will display the Item Name, but all of the items say Head for their item location. Nothing else is populating in the tooltip.
    Helheim Games Studio LLC - tabletop game publishing services
    https://helheimgames.com | https://facebook.com/helheimgames | https://twitter.com/helheimgames

Can someone help me convert this to first person camera and controls? I have a merged top down/inventory/social, but cant figure out how to remove point to click, add wasd controls and make camera the first/third person. Tried the steps mentioned, but dont know if that method works anymore. couldnt get it to work. any help would be appreciated.

Supporter
    Deleted my first post since I've solved everything there. Now I've managed to create working WASD-Movement, unpossessed the pawn, integrated the inventory system and made dead zombies and broken boxes lootable.

But I've also noticed that somehow the Zombies does not longer take damage and move towards you when you hit them. If you move close and they see you they start moving, attack and take damage correctly. Anyone know what could have happened there?
    Last edited by Askyl; 08-16-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345