Packaging Steam for Mac

I created a game using the Windows editor that includes the Steam SDK. After exporting it, everything works great.

Now I’m trying to package the game for Mac, but I’m running into a problem: Steam is not working on Mac.

I’ve done the following:

• downloaded Steam v1.32 API
  • copied libsteam_api.dylib from the API to /Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.10/Engine/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/

I then packaged the game, uploaded it to a beta branch on my Steam Game, downloaded it, and ran it from the Steam Client. The game launches, but the overlay does not show up. The game also does not recognize that I’m logged into Steam.

Is there an additional step that I have to do in order to make Steam work on Mac? Keep in mind that everything works on Windows; I’ve added all of the necessary values in the build.cs and .ini files to make it run on Windows.

I can verify that libsteam_api.dylib is present in the packaged .app/Contents/MacOS/

Edit #1: Found this

By default, if you follow Rama’s guide, you’ll end up uncommenting this:

if ((Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win32) || (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64))
{
	if (UEBuildConfiguration.bCompileSteamOSS == true)
	{
		DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystemSteam");
	}
}

This only includes the Steam API if you’re running Windows. Removing that if statement results in Steam appearing in the packaged game, but there’s no overlay.

Is this still an issue?

I can see that it is trying to load the overlay. If I press shift+tab while running the game, my mouse cursor pops up, but the overlay itself isn’t visible.

Hello

You know if it was repaired? I UE4.13 and does not work in Mac but the Windows and Linux platforms if it works. :frowning: