Crabby Ball (2D platformer puzzle game)

Hi my name is Denys Almaral,

This my first published and “finished” game ever.

Crabby bounce the ball with his head to collect starfish and win the level crossing the ball over the flag.
Player have to develop volleyball and soccer skills to do it better each puzzle.

Decided to make my first solo UE4 2D game for Android to keep things simple, trying to master UE4 editor and blueprints.
Accomplished all my objectives, learned a lot of things and my love to UE4 become huge. (But, currently, I don’t recomendad this combination: UE4 & Android & 2D Platformer & Physics dependent gameplay)
You can take a look to my documented journey here: Crabby Ball [beta] - 2D Android game - Game Development - Epic Developer Community Forums

Download for android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denysalmaral.CrabbyBall
Windows download: Crabby Ball (PC demo) by Denys

Steam Greenlight: Steam Community :: Error (Who knows… )

Kind regards,
Denys.

What’s really awesome is your level of completeness! No small feat.

Many games in this category that i look at is not interesting but i must say that the first think i thought about, watching your video, was why didn’t i do this game. Looks really fun, great job!

Thank you @mikepurvis :slight_smile: I tried to limit myself in terms of graphics complexity and features… avoiding to fall again in the “unfinished games” category of my hard disk :slight_smile:

@Zip99, that’s a really nice compliment: “why didn’t i do this game”. thank you :smiley:

Submitted the game to Greenlight to sense steam users acceptation: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=574950901
If it worth to make a PC version then I’ll have to improve the visuals and add a lot of more features and game content.

An update after almost a year :smiley: my CrabbyBall game was Greenlit on steam…

So this is an opportunity for me to focus on PC, since this game don’t fit to well on Mobile,
Now to make it more attractive to steam users I have to make some improvement and add better features :slight_smile:

I’m currently busy with other projects, but as soon as I can I’ll back to continue development for Steam.

ac61ba34e0aaf4227314879f7c298dbdd0e840b1.jpeg

Nice work! This game is really interesting.

Good

Good job!) It looks like Mario:D