Reflection sphere resolution

Hi everyone. In Unreal Engine exist old problem. I mean rigid resolution of reflection sphere (128 on each side). It looks very bad. Epic developers wrote about limitation in DX11. But for example in Unity all right with this, although there used DX11 same. Ratiocinate it mean when in Unreal will appear support DX12, then problem with resolution of reflection sphere will resolve automatically?

it would be interesting to check out the developer’s reply , it is a pity that they ignore it

The low 128 res has nothing to do with DX11, where did you see that it did? It’s just a limitation of the current implementation and something we should improve. Thanks for your feedback

I have seen this information in official Epic documentation (section Limitations): Reflections Captures in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation
The same way as in official answerhub: How do I improve box and sphere capture reflection quality? - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums
Generally speaking, this problem is very earnest. With UE4 can be made very realistic scenes, but the low quality of reflection really spoil all impression.:frowning: I suspect it’s not hard to fix. , I know you, as a strong expert and enthusiast. Please force this problem solving. Or if only say, how can we fix this limitation in code independently.

Oh heh, that was supposed to say due to DX11 restrictions all cubemaps had to have the same size with 341 max. The resolution can be higher though. I’ll fix the doc.

We’ll add support for higher than 128 at some point, I don’t know when

I think my problem is related to this topic, so I ask a question here. I created my first interior in UE4.
I have a big problem with the mirror. Reflection is distorted and cloudy and have a low resolution. Reflection looks awful. I can’t keep it so. I don’t know another way how can I take high resolution reflection in my archviz scene. Maybe someone can give me advice about custom material for simulate realistic mirror?

Here’s a screenshot

Change the resolution via Project settings -> Rendering -> Reflection Capture Resolution.