December #UE4JAM, December 10-13th. THEME: The Beginning Is The End

**WINNERS!
Fundamental - Forum Badge
Shopping Spree Simulator - Crackpot Gumption
TimeFall - TeamAllshar

All Submissions Highlights

**https://youtube./watch?v=UX1g5unMVD8

**THE RULES

• We announced the theme on the December 10th stream, when the jam officially kicked-off.

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to the SUBMISSION THREAD before **midnight on the night of December 13/ morning of December 14th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed rules available here!

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic swag bag with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the December 17th Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](http://www.timeanddate./countdown/to?iso=20151210T14&p0=207&msg=December+Game+Jam+Announce)
Submission Deadline Countdown](http://www.timeanddate./countdown/to?iso=20151214T00&p0=207&msg=December+Game+Jam+Deadline+Countdown)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter./hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
Make sure you catch 's stream of all the entries once the deadline is up: Twitch

**-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS ****--------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We expect a few more submission than normal this go around and appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!

1. sleeping dragon (1)*]Tinkurit (1)
  2. DarkGodsLairGames (1)]Crackpot Gumption (1)]Big Boot (3)]Ad Caelum (2)] (1)]Coruja Games (1)]marillo (2)]Croissants, Coffee and GameJam (5)]4GOPPT (4)]Equilaterus (5)]Qc Guy (2)]Fractur3D (1)]PCC GameDev Guild (5)]Elision (2)]Filizitas (1)]Meatbags (3)]]Flo (1)]Succubi in Hats (1)]PhaseState (1)]Owninator incorporated (1)] Nazarian (1)]SmilingRob (1)
  3. KilledByAPixel (1)
  4. Sytheality (1)]Aryetek (2)] (1)
  5. Graeme Crackers (1)*] Stokes (1)
  6. Forum Badge (1)*]NanoVoxel (2)
  7. Small Titan (1)
  8. One Man Band (1)
  9. HRuvio Games (1)
  10. Team Dezro (1)]TeamAllshar (1)]Smith Games (1)*] Games (1)

Nice, can’t wait. I just wish it wasn’t colliding with LD34.

Just come up with a game that fits both themes! I mean how hard could that be right?

I have sent a pm to you, .
This will be my first game jam :cool:

Hello all. Avolanty and I are looking to join a team. He made the Sept winner death loves doggy and I have worked with him on the Oct and Nov jams. Message me and lets have fun.

Is that allowed?

You’d also have to wait until Friday 9PM EST to start since LD34’s theme will be announced then.

Might be better to just make two different games that share assets and most code.

Exactly my plan! :slight_smile:

If anyone could use an extra pair of hands, I’m available. I can do whatever.

Might want to fix the rules section its in the past tense. Hopefully I will be able to particpate I have a pretty cool idea I might use if it fits with whatever the theme is.

I hope the theme will be something serious or scary ior even something dark!
Oh im so pumped at my first jam!

Hello!

My name is , I’m from VR. This will be my third game jam. My team’s previous entries are (August) and and the Giant Robot (October).

My other team members are occupied so I am looking for other people to jam with. I have experience as a level designer, programmer, and composer. I am also capable of low poly art and animating in blender. And I’m all about having fun!

Would anyone like to team up?

Was the theme announced? The countdown timer says it was 25 mins ago, but I’m watching the stream, and the thread isn’t updated (I assume that just takes time)

Not yet. The stream is still going

Oh I see, thanks!

watch?v=Tfgc3Sf-6yE

It’s time to kick out the #ue4jam
watch?v=Tfgc3Sf-6yE

@ How would you test a game if it is only Local Multiplayer? Do you have people who come over to your place or remote into your machine?

I enjoy taking part in these jams so much but I find the themes difficult due to them being weird quotes or phrases. More interesting ones would be ‘one button’ where you have the gameplay element to build upon with other ideas.

Tried working with SDL2 today, can’t get the thing to compile in VS 2015. This may be my new project for the next few days instead…

Team Filizitas still isnt writed down :open_mouth: but im in! I wrote you a PN :3

I like these topics as they are open to interpretation.

Spirit of the rule, instead of being explicit.

Everyone has their own perspective of how they read the theme, it makes for a much more interesting experience.

I really wanted to do Oct 2015 (Should of Giants), but time did not permit. I was going to do a game where the player character literally “Stands on the shoulder’s of giants” to achieve the objective of the game.