Fix for UE4 debug visualizers (TMap/TSet not working as of 4.10/VS 2015)

I noticed recently that TMaps were not displaying correctly in the VS watch windows. Did a bit of digging and found the problem in the UE4.natvis file. My guess is there was a small syntax change for VS 2015, which caused a few of the type customizations to be ignored and therefore revert to the default display, which is useless for complex containers like TMap.

Anyway, the natvis file doesn’t appear to be a part of the Github repo so I can’t submit a PR, but for anyone who wants it, the corrected file is here. Just save it into <Documents>/Visual Studio 2015/Visualizers.

Nice find and thanks for the fix!

I have been using this fixed version on VS 2015 and it works like a charm.
Many thanks for this effort!

I can only hope Epic notices this thread and decides to incorporate your fix soon. :wink:

No problem, was a very easy fix once I found the problem.

If you’re interested, there’s a link in my sig to a full VS extension for expanding visualization to blueprints. It’s still experimental but mostly works (for me at least).

hi,

Thanks for the update.

Have you raised a AnswerHub thread for this as “bug report” so it will be fixed in future version?

I don’t think I did, no. I posted it in the feedback forum, but that rarely seems to get any attention from Epic these days. I’ll submit a report on AnswerHub as you suggest, since it still seems to be an issue with the 4.11 preview.

Thanks, that’s the best process to get epic attention on issue.

You might post the answerhub link also on the 4.11 thread so it get caught by the moderator quickly ^^ I’m not sure there is a slot for this request in 4.11, but we should try to get it ^^