4.10 Device Profile issue with iPhone6S

I was wondering if anyone ran into the issue of no device profile is getting picked for iPhone6S in 4.10… As a result it picks the lowest configuration, and everything will look very low quality.

Even adding it manually to ini file doesn’t seem to be working:

[iPhone6S DeviceProfile]
DeviceType=IOS
BaseProfileName=iPhone6

The same project works fine in 4.9.2, and picks the right device profile, and everything will be normal quality.

So, I made a change on IOSPlatformMisc.cpp GetIOSDeviceType()

else if (Major == 7)
{
if (Minor == 1)
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6Plus;
}
else if (Minor == 2)
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6;
}
}
else if (Major == 8)
{
// note that Apple switched the minor order around between 6 and 6S (gotta keep us on our toes!)
if (Minor == 1)
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6S;
}
else if (Minor == 2)
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6SPlus;
}
}

and made it like 4.9:

else if (Major >= 7)
{
// this could just check the minor where 1 == 6Plus, and 2 == 6, but that won’t help going forward (7/7+?)
// so treat devices with a scale > 2.5 to be 6Plus type devices, < 2.5 to be 6 type devices
if ([UIScreen mainScreen].scale > 2.5f)
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6Plus;
}
else
{
DeviceType = IOS_IPhone6;
}
}

It seemed that it picked the high quality Splash Image for iPhone 6s, but the texture quality was still low.

I even downloaded the Epic’s Own “Sun Temple” demo, and as it can be seen some textures have low quality on iPhone6s. (For both ES2 and Metal)

772238e6268f16320e08dd8390f35546e33519fe.jpeg

The textures look fine on iPhone5s. I am wondering if Epic or anyone else have the similar problem on iPhone6s?

I have similar issues with the splash screen on 4.10, any chance you can bug report it ?

rOb

I reported the bug to Epic on AnswerHub: 4.10 low quality graphics on iPhone6S - Mobile - Unreal Engine Forums

Hopefully Epic will respond soon, since this is show stopper issue for us, and we are considering to go back to 4.9 to avoid the issue.