Substance Plugin 4.10.0.11 Released

Hello All,

The Substance Plugin has been updated and released on GitHub. The Marketplace plugin should be updated soon, so keep your eyes open!
Github Link: https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine
If you have 404 errors using Github: Unreal Engine on GitHub

Changelist:
Visual Studio 2015 Support
Latest Substance Engine
Fixed Users being unable to create duplicate graph instances
Fixed Crash that would sometimes occur using Image Inputs
Fixed bug where setting substance generation mode to PlatformDefault overrode the project settings

That was quick. Thanks.

What’s the usual wait period for the marketplace updates?
The crashes I’m getting in 4.9 all the time now are really cramping my ability to work on my projects (re-importing an .fbx crashes the engine)

EDIT: nvm, lazy that I am I instead built using source. Still would’ve been nice to not have to wait for it all to download and compile, but it sure beats crashing all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad you were able to get it working Construc_ ! I can’t comment on wait times etc because the Marketplace is now quite large and Epic’s team has alot of assets to work through. But that’s a big reason why I make sure to provide the source on github: So users can grab it as soon as possible.

Awesome, thanks!

Any news on when this is going to be updated on Marketplace?

Come on Epic, release this now please :confused:

I’m putting some work on hold for this, it’d be super great if it was released asap

Come on Epic, release this now please :confused:

I’m a content artist and expecting me to go through the effort of downloading, installing, create an account, download again, install, compile, is like asking me to go to the moon for a carton of milk. :wink:

Just saying.

Here is a precompiled version if you want to try it out: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41766532/substance/ue4/SubstancePluginBin_4_10_0_11.zip

You will drop this into your project folder. Note that once the marketplace version goes live, you will want to download these files before grabbing from the marketplace.

Yes that’s what I’m talking about… Once again the squeaky wheel gets the milk. :smiley:

Thanks, thats a big help! :slight_smile:

Why would we want the precompiled files before grabbing the marketplace version?

still no marketplace version…

Does it really take the marketplace 15+ days to update

you are slacking. whoever responsible of this huge delay.

Is there a trick to making a standalone / drop in project version?

Because worst case, someone ** can always build the latest and just rip out the plugin folder? if that is all it takes?

The only trick is being able to compile it. What I did was:

• Create a C++ 4.10 Project from UE4 (I like FPS sample for some reason)
  • Downloaded the github source, and placed Plugins/Substance folder inside the C++ 4.10 project folder
  • Compiled the 4.10 project as Development Editor
  • Zipped up Plugins/Substance folder with the new dll’s

Is there a way to disable or add the plugin after the packaging?

Hi

A few questions:

1. Is your UE4Editor compiled from source or from the Epic Games Launcher
  2. Does your project contain any C++ code?