[COMING SOON] Big release of Project Animals with realistic meshes!

Hey,

you may have noticed these two animals released a while ago - https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?69230-SUBMITTED-Raccoon-and-Deer-animation-pack

Now the project is handled by our animation studio and in a few weeks we are releasing a bigger batch of animals. Raccoon and Deer will get updates to bring them on the level with other animals. Most notable changes are:
realistic meshes (stylized still included)
animations with linear root motion
animations, beyond what raccoon and deer had, now include turns, hits, deaths, eating and some more

Hope you like them.

://gim-gamesinmotion/temp/an.jpg

yessssssssss!

Awesome!! :smiley:

Excellent! Excellent! This is what I have been waiting for!:smiley:

Superb news, have been dreaming to have a role for the racoon in my project. :slight_smile: Cant wait to see how it will look updated and also the other new animals.

Can’t wait!

excellent!

Any chance for a horse model?

yeah nice, imo a horse would be great too, especially because most of the deer anims seem to be horse compatible :slight_smile: or maybe in a domesticated pack? it would be also great.

I too would love to have a horse model with anims.

when do you plan to bring big/tough guys in… i mean elephants, rhinos, tigers etc ? :slight_smile:

Hello,
at what time will you publish this animals?
Can’t wait too!!!
Kind regards,
Andreas

Brilliant :d

A cat would be great !
this pack seems very promising

LION pls there’s a lion

+1
Cats are awesome

Hey guys,

we are busy with finishing the release, so I forgot to check on the thread, sorry for that.
Thanks for all the kind words.

As for the requests for all those animals you mentioned, we will have something for everybody :slight_smile:

Don’t say that to animator, it could get you into trouble. Just kidding, but not much :slight_smile: . We won’t be just re-targeting animations between animals, they all need to have their own personality and motions.

Personally it would be great if we could retarget animations between animals. Watching a bear act like a mouse would be hilarious. Kind of like in the WWE 2K games where animations can be switched between the wrestlers.

Original:
https://www.youtube/watch3WncZNClz4

Retargeted: v=YonHwPQo6w8

We are not doing anything that would make it impossible to retarget the animations between animals, but on the other hand, it’s not a constraint that we have put on ourselves, so if smaller animal will work with a few less bones, we go for that for performance reasons. But generally we are sticking to the same name scheme for the bones and so it could be expected that once we release the horse for example, you will be able to retarget those animations on buffalo or probably even on the bear for fun.

Cool!! I can’t wait! :smiley: