Material Function - World Aligned Texture/Normal With offset & Rotation

Hello All,

Someone on our fb group needed a way to rotate a Texture object, while using the regular world aligned texture/normal and that is a hard thing to do…
I decided to recreate these two nodes with additional features, and cleaning up/removing a few features (that nobody seem to use).

• Texture Object input.
  • Texture size.
  • Texture Scale. (Because I find it useful)
  • Rotation Degrees. (0 - 360)
  • Texture Offset.

Since a video does more than pictures and words alone:

Added Alpha support:

Update 1.03:

• Added seperate axis rescaling options.

Update 1.02:

• Texture version now comes with alpha channel support.
  • Added 4.15 version

Update 1.01b

• Fixed normal rotation issues. it should work properly now.

Update 1.01a

• Fixed a vector3 bug in both regular and normal version, should have been vector2

• Made sure the normal version is exposed to the library.

• Created a new versions of both the worldAlignedTexture & WorldAlignedNormal where each axis (X, Y, And Z) can separately be scaled, rotated, offset.

• Added example project with materials & Material instances.

If you are interested, you can get these mat functions here:

Just add zero dollar if you don’t feel like donating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Updated!

• Fixed a vector3 bug in both regular and normal version, should have been vector2
  • Made sure the normal version is exposed to the library.

Created a new versions of both the worldAlignedTexture & WorldAlignedNormal where each axis (X, Y, And Z) can seperately be scaled, rotated, offset.

• Added example project with materials & Material instances.

Can be downloaded from:

Thanks Luos! They’re good.

Hello, I just wanted everyone to know the tool is also available on GumRoad:

Just add zero dollar if you dont feel like donating :slight_smile:

This is leagues better than the World Aligned Texture node provided with the engine. Thanks!

Cool node, that wouble better if rotation,size and offset x/y/z were single vector3 isntead of 3 scalars, to reduce clutter in material editor, so it would have 4-5 inputs instead of 11.

I seem to be having some trouble getting the Luos_WorldAlignedNormalAndRotation to work. Adding a rotation value does rotate the maps but my normal maps aren’t getting their vectors updated.

33ec22ae900d4a403339041a59fce7ad9d7288f3.jpeg

Am I doing something wrong here? Did an engine update break something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It does sort of work when the mesh and/or the lighting is dynamic, but to actually get this correctly, it would need some weird math/lerp/blending between the normal map’s red and green channel… or was it something with the blue channel.
its 1:30 am and brain is fried.

Ill come back to this later :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks! I will check back later then. :cool:

The NormalMap have some problems,can you update this functions:) will be very helpful~

Just (finally) updated the functions to adress the normal map rotation issue:

Let me know if it works properly now.
Also, apologies for the laaaaaate fix, totally forgot about it untill paul posted his comment.

Great node!
How to use ParallaxOcclusion with it?

No clue, never used it.
You might need to try it with a heightmap or whatever and see if it works.

Hello
I play with your nodes and parallax
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gY2jqH8FS8dWVVWHVObWlRaFk/view?usp=sharing
Works only on +x +y +z
But in -x -y -z height is inverted
Can you help me to improve this function?

I did it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gY2jqH8FS8NjhWQ0pBR0ZNZVE/view?usp=sharing

NO!
It work only on cube and don’t works on complecs objets (((

Please update posts instead of constantly adding new ones and basically hijacking/bumping the thread :slight_smile:
Also, a 600mb zipfile? cmon, nobody is gonna download that.

I’ll give the setup a try when I have time, in the meantime please be patient.

Hello
Finally i fount a problem
Abs World Position get polygon rotation from first uv! (i think)
AND
If uv rotation not by positive uv (as it in scene by x y z) its ok, if not - its parallax renders with an issue!
You can try

BUT
My shader has 3 parallax node and become red in shader complexity (((( So i must to forget about this way…

Second
I fount build in unreal world texture coords (forget name) Whats the diffence beetwen yours? Why you created yours? Or it is yours already?

I gave it a try, but the parallax occlusion mat function is such a mess that I dont feel like bothering with it.
As for the function, I did not realize there was one available untill a few months after I made mine.
It works rather identical, though mine is cleaner and especially the normal one has a few instructions less.

I have a question. How do you control Normal intensity. Whatever
I do I cannot get the intensity