Unreal take on Classic.

Hi Friends,
It’s a nostalgic feeling, walking on memory lane. Trying here to recreate the work of my mentor Stanislav Orekhov. While shuffling through some of the old files, I stumbled upon this scene I received during my Vray training in year 2010. Thought to give it a try in Unreal Engine for some new challenges in lighting and material recreation and I am happy with the results. (Few mistakes here and there because of my laziness :p)

that’s perfect. i love them.:wink:

Wow! That’s perfect!
Love the wood material :slight_smile:

Excellent! You have proved great work can be done in Unreal.

Amazing!!! Amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

So nice material setup. The wood i like most.
Only my 50 cent.
Why are the wooden pillars ar first floor not centered?
At the Stairs, the bottom flow of the wood texture breaks for me a bit the clean design, along same axis like upper part would look better for me.

Thanks everybody for encouraging comments. This gives energy to continue experimenting in unreal engine :D.

@Luftbauch - Didn’t understand your comment fully. But I totally agree with texture part, there is a lot of room to improve the overall scene with better textures (lack of time, too lazy to change the original scene:D).

really awesome kid! the still images are just perfect, i see a lot of AA in the animations though…did you use FFXA isn’t it?

keep it going!

That looks great! Excellent job

Very nice work !

What I’d like to see more and more are exterior projects!!! I’m working on one and it’s not easy to deal with light building!!! (when the project is big and you want the same quality as in a small interior scene)

nice work!
does it run in realtime properly?

Nice job!!

wow, you did a fantastic job!

I am getting 100-110 constant fps without Oculus and 38-42 with Oculus attached. :slight_smile:

What gpu do you use ?
Afaik oculus require 90 fps for comfort. :-S

I am using 970GtX amp omega 4GB (Overclocked Version). Yeah, will be upgrading to 980GTX next month for smoothness in Oculus (current experience in Oculus is also not bad at all).

Great job ! I like your mirror. It’s a blueprint or a chrome material with screenspacereflections file modifications for screencaptures? (numstep and numrays)

HI ,
To speak out from my heart u r my hero ,my inspriation,i am really really proud of ur work , i am an architectural visualizer working in chennai ,i know only google sketchup and i render stuff in keyshot (product highlighting software but i use it for architectural purpose ) . i am from commerce background and i learnt all by myself didnt go for any course ,i came to know abt ue4 recently and i fell in love with this software . i am trying to learn it from online but i am really finding it hard to learn it as very less tutorials are there for this engine and for the modelling software i know (sketchup) . i really want to know wheather u teach any course on unreal engine in ur native place i am even ready to quit my job and shift from chennai to learn this software from you .or do u teach any online course on this . pls help me out awaiting for your reply .

Thankyou regards ,
Satish (9962859654)

Can you share to us how you came up with the high quality still images? that will help me big time, nice work by the way !!

This looks amazing!!! How do you export such high resolution images from UE4 engine, do you use the screenshot option or do you do it in a different way?