UE4 Turn Based RPG ~ Addition System

I am looking to make a turn based RPG with a fighting system reminiscent of Legend of Dragoon
(if you are unfamiliar with LoD’s Addition system)

I have a pretty good team of artists working on my project with me and my storyline is near complete, it’s just finding tutorials in the unreal engine that are more geared towards turn based RPG.

so I’m looking for help with :

~ Menus (in battle as well as in field, but in battle is more important)
~ Multiple Character stats (I’ve seen tutorials for generating health bars and stats for one character, but I still get lost trying to display more than one health bar and whatnot on the screen at a time. This probably isn’t as hard as I make it seem)
~ Items (making items isn’t hard, its making them stack and readily available from a menu that confuses me) f70df3a3e4ff4946487c7f4e5921b2bf60179e33.jpeg

We’ll just start from there, I hate to feel like I’m asking a lot, but all my “helpers” in unreal pretty much quit on me haha

If you have any idea on how any of this could be done, or if you have blueprints that are generally close to it, please contact me via PM, in this thread, or via email:

^^;

I have moved your thread the the Marketplace and added a Prefix of [REQUEST].

thank you, still learning these forums

Hi Xenomaren,

Not sure if you still require it but there are some great tutorials on level up systems. Here is one of my favorites. You could essentilly have a base set of stats then just do some math with the level to create the current stats.

Inventory can be found here.

I am currently working on a turn based battle system kinda like the Final Fantasy system in 1-9.

This is what it currently looks like.

I also have it so that the enemies (on the left) attack the heros (on the right).

Let me know what you think.

That’s a really solid foundation for a turn based system, good job!

I’m really curious about attempting a turn based system like this, what was your approach to controlling the timing? Great job btw !

I loved the hell out of this game. Can you send me a link to your game when you’re done? Interested in seeing it!

Are you looking for something like this for battle system?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1533463-turn-based-rpg-template