User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Augmented Reality for UE4

Quote Originally Posted by 章然 View Post
    There is still some problem,it's not mature right now.
    Thanks for the logs! I'll try to reproduce and solve the issue.

Ok,I will look forward to the new version.

Hi everyone,

New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

AR Plugin V1.1

- ARToolkit library updated to v5.3.1 (from v5.3)
    - libKPM is fixed (bug is in the original ARToolKit 5.3 and 5.3.1.), now it is possible to detect multiple NFT pages
    - ARSample project is updated with 2 NFT images to demonstrate new multipage NFT feature
    - LoadMarker(NFT) node renamed to LoadMarkers(NFT) and updated to take an Array as input
    - iOS version now uses ARVideo instead of AR2Video

Get the plugin from the link below:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com

Arsample Can`t be packed to X64

Hi, my company bought your plugins. I failed to pack after add empty c++ class.
    and I can`t use source version to open arsample project.

Quote Originally Posted by fan270 View Post
    Hi, my company bought your plugins. I failed to pack after add empty c++ class.
    and I can`t use source version to open arsample project.
    Hi fan270,

It is possible to package your project on every platforms with the source of the plugin.
    Where did you stuck ? Did you follow the steps on http://www.unreal4ar.com/documentation/ ?

Hi everyone,

New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

AR Plugin V1.2 - 2015-11-25

- Unreal Engine v4.10 compatibility
    - Updated ARSample project files for v4.10
    - Updated Unreal Engine v4.10 files for Android
    - Pre-compilied ARToolKit v5.3.1 lib files for Visual Studio 2015
    - Support for Visual Studio 2015
    - SRGB set to 1 for media texture to fix washed out colours.
    - Windows and OSX version are using absolute data path
    - Splash screen on Android (UE v4.10 new feature)

Why it still crash on my computer using the latest version,is that because I don't have the webcam?

I click play button in Unreal 4.9.2,and it crash immediately.

Name:  Image 1.png
Views: 1967
Size:  77.8 KB
    This is the Crash Report

I unzip the zip and open it in Unreal 4.9.2,then I click on play,after that it crash

Quote Originally Posted by 章然 View Post
    Why it still crash on my computer using the latest version,is that because I don't have the webcam?
    Thank you for your valuable feedback!
    Yes, you need a webcam to use the plugin.

On the other hand, I'll add an error check for situations like that.

I tested it again on a computer with the webcam,and it worked!I am very appreciate for your research in AR of Unreal.You are the pioneer in that field.

I am trying this plugin on my laptop that has a working integrated webcam but to no avail. Is there any kind of setting or parameters to define before trying to use it, in order to get the web cam feed in the editor or is it just my cam that is not compatible with the plugin? How can I know? I tried to do a step by step launch in the blueprint but the results were not really conclusive.
    I am quite new to unreal and haven't had much time to play with it unfortunately, so I apologize if it is a trivial question.
    Thank for your work any way

I've made a cool demo featuring real time shadows and object manipulation.

Demo features:

- Real time camera tracking / alignment
    - Virtual objects can cast shadow to the real environment
    - Virtual objects can be manipulated using touch screen or mouse
    - Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Demo features:

- Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

That is amazing! The shadows and interaction are just mind blowing. Keep up the fantastic work!
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Infiltrator
    Oh man...dreams are coming true

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Demo features:

- Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

This is awesome! I have been playing around with your demo scene. It is exciting to see things working, so easily and quickly!

I was curious how you achieved the shadow in this video. Are you using a shader or some other clever way to mask a traditional shadow?

-V

Cannot wait to mess around with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpanzee View Post
    This is awesome! I have been playing around with your demo scene. It is exciting to see things working, so easily and quickly!

I was curious how you achieved the shadow in this video. Are you using a shader or some other clever way to mask a traditional shadow?

-V
    Traditional shadow, but it's a little tricky. Everything can be created with standard UE4 blueprints.
    I am planning to do a tutorial about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    I'm good with supporting Adam's work. I know what I have to pay 18 developers a month....even one developer isn't free and something like this should be compensated right away. Besides that I've already signed up for a Hololens early adopter kit (just tried it for the first time this week) and it's going to cost $3000. Add to that we are working with the Vive from Valve/HTC and part of the application process was regarding our being a legit company....there are costs involved with that too. I'm happy Adam is putting the business of development up front so he hopefully doesn't work on this 60 days and then just abandon it. Just signed up for a commercial license.
    Totally agree with everything you just said. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deognaleetor View Post
    While I applaud your time and effort into this, its seems a bit.... (unethical?) to modify others free open source work and slap a price tag on it. While I feel you should be compensated (donation) for bringing this into UE4, paying for a mod just doesn't sit right with me.
    That being said, its quite a fun thing to play around with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerskb View Post
    its called a money grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoqllooS View Post
    I'm so happy that some one created this kind of plugin for UE4. I hope that you are planning in PC version to connect it with some IR camera like Kinect to recognize room size in 3D and not having to use markers. And one more thing.. sorry 100$ for personal licence is waaaay too much.
    I actually think the price is an absolute bargain!
    If you have not looked at the costs involved with similar AR systems, you really should.
    Massive one off fee's or ongoing subscriptions (even on slightly crippled versions), pay per tracker impressions, mandatory watermarks....

Adams one off price of $249 is crazy good!

Yes, he uses a free opensource framework but he has worked hard to put it in an easy to use package for us shmoes. I always think of how many man hours this would have taken me to do if I attempted to create a usable, cross-platform plugin and I charge $56 per hour for my time.

Adam is being a gift horse here. Be grateful or he may stick the price up. ;-)

Having an issue where I get just colored bars in editor that say "no input signal" I suspect its because I have a hdmi capture card as well and it seems to be defaulting to that. I tried disabling it but still having no luck. Is their a way for it to default to the right webcam or change the settings to choose a different device?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfShapes View Post
    Having an issue where I get just colored bars in editor that say "no input signal" I suspect its because I have a hdmi capture card as well and it seems to be defaulting to that. I tried disabling it but still having no luck. Is their a way for it to default to the right webcam or change the settings to choose a different device?
    It uses the default webcam, and currently it can not be changed from blueprint. However if you have the C++ source code version, you can change the device number from code.

Locate and change this line in ARToolkitDevice.cpp

if (arVideoOpen("-devNum=1 -flipV ") < 0) return 0;

Where devNum is the actual webcam id (value 1 is default)

I'll add device selection from blueprint to future versions.

Got to try this.
    Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
    I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Quote Originally Posted by btengelh View Post
    oh, that's cool! what about the judder of the chair? it's wiggling when the picture is laying on the table?
    Depending on the quality of the marker (or NFT image), lighting conditions, and the camera, tracking can be a little jittery.
    The good news is that it can be be filtered out quite well using the built in pose filtering.

From the next version of the plugin all filtering settings will be adjustable using blueprints.

This is going to be great with Daqri losing its AR platform for main 3D content.

The app for the devices should be free with a charge for developers/content provides uploading AR pieces. Maybe a monthly rate or cost per upload. In my experience the monthly rate is more Keen to buyers.

If you could keep me update on this I would appreciate that. I work for a company.. Trifecta Communications and we have been working with AR for a few years now. Its hard to find a good AR platform to use right now and I like what you have going here. Great work. I am going to try this out. Again.. great work

Patrick Glueck
    3D Generalist
    patrick@gettrifected.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrmmarc View Post
    Adam is being a gift horse here. Be grateful or he may stick the price up. ;-)
    not sure if serious...AR from Epic for hololens in acouple months = waste of money.
    but whatever flips your boat.

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the latest version of my AR Plugin.

AR Plugin V1.3 - 2015-12-13

- 4.9 and 4.10 versions are merged into one package
    - ARToolkit include/lib files are included with the project for all platforms (compiles without downloading artoolkit libraries, setting environment variables)
    - Updated unreal build configuration file to support both VS2013 (UEv4.9.2) and VS2015 (UEv4.10)
    - NFT editor bug fixed (after several begin play - stop cycles NFT stopped working inside the editor)
    - Camera settings from blueprint (enable PIN configuration checkbox on windows, only 4:3 image formats (320x240, 640x480, 960x720, etc. ) are supported)
    - Device number input on camera initialization (select from multiple webcams by ID) - Windows only
    - Pose filtering blueprint nodes for NFT/fiducial markers added
    - Debug mode and new thresholding settings with corresponding blueprint nodes are added for better tracking of fiducial markers
    - Updated error handling, many bugfixes

New DEMO project with 3D motor bike added (commercial/personal versions)

Key features:
    - Object interaction (rotate, scale, texture selection) using mouse or touch input
    - Virtual objects can cast real time shadows to the real environment
    - Shadow / light direction settings
    - Brand new camera image material that adapts (scales/crops) to the size of the viewport. Any device aspect ratios can be used automatically.

Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deognaleetor View Post

How did you manage to get an animated mesh in there? I can't seem to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroD View Post
    How did you manage to get an animated mesh in there? I can't seem to do it.
    It's quite simple. Just import your skeletal mesh into UE4 , and drop into your scene. Then open the level blueprint and change the target of SetActorRotation/SetActorPosition/SetActorHiddenInGame to the SkeletalMeshActor you have just created. Change it only for one marker at the same time.

That is all!

I've made the AR version of the Matinee fight scene demo.
    Check it out!

Cheers,
    Adam

Does this work with GearVR? I haven't messed with that platform since the Oculus Mobile VR Jam when the integration was in its infancy but I recall access to the pass-through camera wasnt supported at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleSpoon View Post
    Does this work with GearVR? I haven't messed with that platform since the Oculus Mobile VR Jam when the integration was in its infancy but I recall access to the pass-through camera wasnt supported at that time.
    I had no chance to try it with Gear VR, but the plugin can handle the android / iOS mobile camera without problems , so it should work.

I've released the executable version of the Motorbike and the AR Fight Scene DEMOs!

Download links:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com/demo-videos/

Cheers,
    Adam

The chair model works great on windows 7 with unreal 4.9.2 with the editor only version! Never tried AR before and this is really cool. Thanks for the plug-in AdamHorvath.

Are there any glasses that work with this type of AR? I'd like to be able to hit buttons on a keyboard to cause a model to animate so I would like to see the keyboard as well without having to hold up a smart phone or tablet. Thanks for any info.

Finally got a chance to mess around with this for our project. It works great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by MaderMax View Post
    The chair model works great on windows 7 with unreal 4.9.2 with the editor only version! Never tried AR before and this is really cool. Thanks for the plug-in AdamHorvath.

Are there any glasses that work with this type of AR? I'd like to be able to hit buttons on a keyboard to cause a model to animate so I would like to see the keyboard as well without having to hold up a smart phone or tablet. Thanks for any info.
    I am glad it's working fine on your end!

These 2 are looking promissing:

http://www.osterhoutgroup.com/products-r7-glasses
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...n_moverio_2014

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast