User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Augmented Reality for UE4

Congratulations !!! Saw it as a spotlight. And am really glad that you responded to my earlier request. It is only though efforts like these that the tech of the future becomes reality. Kudos and will really look forward to your plugin.

I'd highly recommend that you keep your plugin at a paid price. Its worth more than a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyova03 View Post
    Hello.
    Thank you for your work. It is wonderful.
    Your plugin works well in UE 4 windows. But in May, the tablet (android) pokazivaet it on the screen:

'ARToolkitPlugin' failed to load because module 'ARToolkitPlugin' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

I click "OK" and the screen trash.

I will be glad to any advice.
    This DEMO version is only working in the editor. Android / iOS version will be included in the full version.

Quote Originally Posted by jungerroemer View Post
    wow this plugin is amazing,do you mind if i test it in a project using trading cards (mtg in this case) and let it animate the creatures and spells? could release it for pub documentation ,however will do the release with the final plugin then ?
    Sounds great! Feel free to experiment with it, and let me know if anything is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by jungerroemer View Post
    oh and do u mind putting up a tutorial how it actually "read the cards" and how to setup a new card except the samples,would rly enjoy that and im sure others as well btw still amazed by the possibilitys this offers ,gj man!
    Checkout the link below:
    http://www.artoolkit.org/documentati...arker_training

- Once you have the new marker files copy them to : Content\ARToolkit\Data\
    (File name should be: patt.MARKERNAME)

- Open the "Markers" enumeration from the editor and add your new marker name

I am unable to test this.
    I am aware that this doesn't work on iOS, but i tried running the project on Android from OSX.
    On launch, it tells me that the plugin is missing. Either relocate your plugin or consider disabling it from your project.
    Can anyone suggest, on how to get through this.

Thanks for the answer. When can we expect the release of the final version?
    I can not wait until to check it on my phone

Sorry.. I missed the post above... Will wait for mobile integration

Samaritan
    Awesomesauce.
    Anything the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can be achieved. Napoleon Hill

Become One (tiny game on Google Play)
    It's time for a better web hosting. Now 50% off (£1.49/m)

Pretty cool. I've been playing with this all day. Can't wait til you can get skeletal meshes/animations going. The only downside is that the lighting where the marker is, needs be good for this to work properly. Is it safe to assume that the higher fps the camera takes in/less grainy, the smoother the output?

Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deognaleetor View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the higher fps the camera takes in/less grainy, the smoother the output?
    The thing is, if the camera is doing 30fps, then only 30 images of the chair need to be updated per second. Where as 60fps would be a whole lot more resources drain on your computer/phone.
    I used play with and make this exact AR stuff a few years ago. I never thought it be feasible to incorporate into anything. If you guys are paying money for something like this, then I really shot myself in the foot by not pursuing it any further.

Yes, amazing work for smartphone.

Supporter
    What I think is... Sadly it will never (in closer future) come to an action game.
    I mean games like UT, HL.. Because there is a big lag. But I love AR Games like "Ingress".
    Hope it will be possible to make FPS Games for AR.

impressive

Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Please check if there is any special character in your project path. If so, copy it to a simple directory like c:\UnrealProjects\ARSample

I hope it helps!
    Thank you for your answer. I tried your advice without success.

In the meantime I switched my OS to windows 10. Then again, the editor crashes.

Perhaps you could take a look at the crashlog... I have no programming knowledge and am new to unreal. So all this is greek to me.

MachineId:25F2E70D4F42469CE5F6199C3CC74C87
    EpicAccountId:45a59ebdca9e4e3c9d38239848dec282

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:E:\UE4\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 678]
    Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of s

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
    UE4Editor_ARToolkitPlugin
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4195]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:484]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1755]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:698]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:608]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execVirtualFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1842]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:698]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4195]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1050]
    UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:580]
    UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::ReceiveTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\intermediate\build\win64\ue4editor\inc\engine\engine.generated.1.cpp:2357]
    UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:743]
    UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::TickActor() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:730]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:107]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FTickFunctionTask:oTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:141]
    UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:779]
    UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:539]
    UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:340]
    UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1140]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FTaskGraphInterface::WaitUntilTaskCompletes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:212]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:292]
    UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1206]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:701]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1150]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1347]
    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2428]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

Just saw this thread for the first time, well done! It's a great idea.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
    Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make this!

Wait, could this be adapted in some way to work with Microsofts hololens?(probably not) if it could, that would be more than amazing.

Hi everyone,

I got many requests to do a BETA sale, and release the plugin for early adopters as soon as possible.

So if you want to get the plugin before the final release date, fill the form on the link below and pre-order the plugin!

Early adopters BETA sale on the link below:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com

The BETA plugin for Windows / OSX / Android / iOS will be available on 16th November for those who signed up.

Pricing:

FREE - Editor demo (editor binary version for Windows / OSX)

$99US - Personal license* (for individuals, non commercial projects)

$249US - Commercial license** (for companies / small businesses, commercial projects)

* A Personal license is the discounted option for a private individual who purchases a license with their own funds, and solely for their own use.
    ** A Commercial license is the standard licensing option for organizations and business entities. Licenses are purchased by the company and can be used by any person within.

Included:

- Pre-compiled binaries for Windows / OSX (both editor / and standalone) starting from UE version 4.9.2
    - C++ source code for every platforms (Windows / OSX / Android / iOS)
    - Required engine modifications for Android
    - Modified ARToolkit libs for Android
    - Sample project
    - Documentation
    - Free updates
    - Tools for camera calibration / marker training (ARToolkit's standard tools)

Features:

- Simple marker tracking
    - NFT marker tracking
    - 100% blueprintable no coding knowledge required
    - Multiplatform (Windows, OSX, Android, iOS)
    - Opensource

Comments and suggestions are welcomed!

This is great news! Does that price include future updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobohotpants View Post
    This is great news! Does that price include future updates?
    Yes, updates are included.

Adam do you think this plugin could be used to develop for Hololens?

Quote Originally Posted by LuisPsoih View Post
    Adam do you think this plugin could be used to develop for Hololens?
    I think yes, but I had no chance to try Hololens, maybe early next year.

What ARToolkit needs is a video camera stream what can be used for marker or feature point detection. Hololens will have multiple on-board cameras both 2D(stereo?) / 3D depth, so maybe one of them will be usable for that. Alignment could be also an issue on see through displays.

What I see on Hololens intro videos, it uses some kind of SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) algorithm to measure it's position / rotation in the 3D space, probably the same or similar we already have in Kinect fusion. Combining this with marker/NFT recognition would be the perfect solution.

Can't wait to get my hands dirty with this technology!

That is pretty awesome nice job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Pricing:

FREE - Editor demo (editor binary version for Windows / OSX)

$99US - Personal license* (for individuals, non commercial projects)

$249US - Commercial license** (for companies / small businesses, commercial projects)

* A Personal license is the discounted option for a private individual who purchases a license with their own funds, and solely for their own use.
    ** A Commercial license is the standard licensing option for organizations and business entities. Licenses are purchased by the company and can be used by any person within.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed!
    While I applaud your time and effort into this, its seems a bit.... (unethical?) to modify others free open source work and slap a price tag on it. While I feel you should be compensated (donation) for bringing this into UE4, paying for a mod just doesn't sit right with me.

That being said, its quite a fun thing to play around with.

Mind blown!
    Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Adam I get to try out the Hololens tomorrow do you have any questions I should ask the Microsoft devs? I'm going to show them this plugin so they know how I am going to try to make an application for the hololens.

I'm so happy that some one created this kind of plugin for UE4. I hope that you are planning in PC version to connect it with some IR camera like Kinect to recognize room size in 3D and not having to use markers. And one more thing.. sorry 100$ for personal licence is waaaay too much.
    Last edited by SoqllooS; 11-11-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deognaleetor View Post
    While I applaud your time and effort into this, its seems a bit.... (unethical?) to modify others free open source work and slap a price tag on it. While I feel you should be compensated (donation) for bringing this into UE4, paying for a mod just doesn't sit right with me.
    its called a money grab.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerskb View Post
    its called a money grab.
    I'm good with supporting Adam's work. I know what I have to pay 18 developers a month....even one developer isn't free and something like this should be compensated right away. Besides that I've already signed up for a Hololens early adopter kit (just tried it for the first time this week) and it's going to cost $3000. Add to that we are working with the Vive from Valve/HTC and part of the application process was regarding our being a legit company....there are costs involved with that too. I'm happy Adam is putting the business of development up front so he hopefully doesn't work on this 60 days and then just abandon it. Just signed up for a commercial license.

Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    I'm good with supporting Adam's work. I know what I have to pay 18 developers a month....even one developer isn't free and something like this should be compensated right away. Besides that I've already signed up for a Hololens early adopter kit (just tried it for the first time this week) and it's going to cost $3000. Add to that we are working with the Vive from Valve/HTC and part of the application process was regarding our being a legit company....there are costs involved with that too. I'm happy Adam is putting the business of development up front so he hopefully doesn't work on this 60 days and then just abandon it. Just signed up for a commercial license.
    How was the Hololens Demo, does it hold up to what they showcased in videos? Does it seem like Unreal will work will with it? I ask, because I signed up for the developer kit for Project Tango and was very disappointed by the support from unreal for it. Besides the Augment Plugin Adam has here, Unreal has been utilized so little with the Augmented Reality movement and I see a huge market for it. So I hope the Hololens will have much better support, since it seems like it has a much wider exposure than the Prototype Tango device.

Dude you just made my design world such a happy happy place!! Thanks for all the great and hard work.

I've made some progress on the iOS version, finally it's working quite well on my iPhone 5s. (60+ FPS)

My first tests:

Hi Adam, really great work here! Love the demo, worked flawlessly on my mac.

I'm really interested in the video streaming capabilities that you demonstrated. Any suggestion how I can implement live video streaming inside the engine?
    Or better yet, you could sell a separate plugin just with video streaming capabilities for the various platforms, the app I'm working on really needs to connect to a live video source.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and useful tips!

Jason W.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonW View Post
    Hi Adam, really great work here! Love the demo, worked flawlessly on my mac.

I'm really interested in the video streaming capabilities that you demonstrated. Any suggestion how I can implement live video streaming inside the engine?
    Or better yet, you could sell a separate plugin just with video streaming capabilities for the various platforms, the app I'm working on really needs to connect to a live video source.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and useful tips!

Jason W.
    Hi Jason,

You can also use the plugin for video streaming only.
    If you don't load any markers / NFT datasets, it's wont run any recognition functions.

Supporter
    Hello Adam.

The company I work for is really interested in purchasing the plugin. We tried the demo version, but still, the editor crashes every time we try to launch the game.

We won't buy a product that we cannot even try. That said, could you please take a look at the crashlog I posted previously, its similar to the one I get with the demo version. Or if you could help in any other way we would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroD View Post
    Hello Adam.

The company I work for is really interested in purchasing the plugin. We tried the demo version, but still, the editor crashes every time we try to launch the game.

We won't buy a product that we cannot even try. That said, could you please take a look at the crashlog I posted previously, its similar to the one I get with the demo version. Or if you could help in any other way we would appreciate it.

Thank you.
    Hello BoroD,

Can you please send me the contents of [PROJECTS_PATH]\ARSample\Saved\Logs\ in email to info@unreal4ar.com ?

I'll try to reproduce this error, and find a way to fix it.

Yeah,the editor crashes every time when trying the demo version.

Quote Originally Posted by 章然 View Post
    Yeah,the editor crashes every time when trying the demo version.
    Can you please send me the contents of [PROJECTS_PATH]\ARSample\Saved\Logs\ in email to info@unreal4ar.com ?

looks amazing, hats off to you sir
    Bumping Workshop
    Art Outsourcing for Next-gen Environment
    Bumping Pub is now available on Unreal Marketplace!

There is still some problem,it's not mature right now.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast