User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Augmented Reality for UE4

Hey guys and girls

I am looking at using this plugin as a good method for importing a webcam into an unreal environment, does anyone know how I could isolate the dynamic texture aspect of this plugin for that use?

Hi Adam, love the plugin, been successful with it so far.
    Wanted to see (hopefully I didn`t miss this question in the last 15 pages) about Live Texturing of Augmented Reality Characters from Colored Drawings.
    So basically I want to do a coloring book and have the camera capture the image and translate into the textures.

Here is a sample http://www.quivervision.com/apps/quiver/
    And another from Disney https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzurBQ81CM

Has anyone done this in UE4?

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Please send me an email to info@unreal4ar.com with your order number, and I'll send you a new link.

i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed again.

i send you an email with my order number.

Hi,

I've just sent you an alternate link.

Quote Originally Posted by wangcong View Post
    i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed again.

i send you an email with my order number.

Hey guys, run into another problem here. I'm trying to bring in Alembic Cached geometry with animation on it, yet when i run it on my phone i see nothing ?

Infiltrator
    Hey Adam,

Will we still need the source version of Unreal Engine 1.15 to use your newly updated 1.7 AR plugin? Also, will we need to keep doing so in the near future?

Thanks!

It's not necessary anymore. You can use the binary version of UE 4.15.

Quote Originally Posted by envaal View Post
    Hey Adam,

Will we still need the source version of Unreal Engine 1.15 to use your newly updated 1.7 AR plugin? Also, will we need to keep doing so in the near future?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can use the plugin as a camera plugin on any platforms (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows). All you need to do is to remove some marker related nodes from the sample projects. (LoadMarkers, GetMarker)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNavi View Post
    Hey guys and girls

I am looking at using this plugin as a good method for importing a webcam into an unreal environment, does anyone know how I could isolate the dynamic texture aspect of this plugin for that use?

Hey, I've just noticed that using a post processing volume affects the camera feed. For example, in my project I'm making changes to auto exposure through a postprocess volume, but this is also affecting the camera view resulting in a washed out view. This breaks the realism pretty badly. Is there any way to utilize a post process volume on an object without impacting the view of the real-world?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out using post processing materials
    Last edited by CaptParis000; 02-28-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Hi,
    My project requires 2D matrix image, but only 3 * 3 in source, I need 5 * 5 matrix image
    Http://www.artoolworks.com/support/app/marker.php this page can not be opened, can someone help me?
    thank you

Once you have your new marker files copy them into your AR project's Content/ARToolkit/Data or DataNFT directory, and add them to Markers or MarkersNFT enumerations
    Ok so i've gone through the necessary steps of creating my nft marker and ive added it to the correct directory, my problem is that you state that i must add them to the MarkersNFT Enumerations, how does one do this ?

Edit : Fixed, it seems everytime i post i find the answer Least it helps in some way
    Last edited by PiEdawg; 03-01-2017 at 06:12 AM.

how can i have 3 different models each with a different marker ( hiro, kanji, sample1 ) in the same scene ? i cannot figure out how to assign a marker to a model. only the hiro marker works.

Hi,I use DEMO version of Plugin then I follow through this step

"Setup your iOS development enviroment,

- Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11, 4.12 or later) (I use 4.14 version)
    - Create a new C++ code project without starter content (I create the name of project same as ARSample.uproject)
    - Copy all files from SampleProject(Include ARSample.uproject) directory to your new project directory >click replace (while UE4.14 open C++ blank Project)
    - In UE4 editor File -> Refresh xcode project (optional)
    - Exit from unreal engine editor
    - Launch your new project from epic launcher (in my case warning message popup that artoolkit plugin module not found)
    - Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
    - Go to edit -> project settings -> iOS and import your mobile provision and certificate files
    - Press the “Launch on iOS device” button"

and when I lunch on my iPad2 this error log ..

LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find module rules file for module 'ARToolkitPlugin'.

Help me please.

Hi,

The DEMO version is for Windows and macOS only.

Quote Originally Posted by nut3doj View Post
    Hi,I use DEMO version of Plugin then I follow through this step

"Setup your iOS development enviroment,

- Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11, 4.12 or later) (I use 4.14 version)
    - Create a new C++ code project without starter content (I create the name of project same as ARSample.uproject)
    - Copy all files from SampleProject(Include ARSample.uproject) directory to your new project directory >click replace (while UE4.14 open C++ blank Project)
    - In UE4 editor File -> Refresh xcode project (optional)
    - Exit from unreal engine editor
    - Launch your new project from epic launcher (in my case warning message popup that artoolkit plugin module not found)
    - Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
    - Go to edit -> project settings -> iOS and import your mobile provision and certificate files
    - Press the “Launch on iOS device” button"

and when I lunch on my iPad2 this error log ..

LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find module rules file for module 'ARToolkitPlugin'.

Help me please.

Yes you can! Need to add all markers to the markers enumeration, and use a GetMarker node for each markers.

Quote Originally Posted by taos3d View Post
    how can i have 3 different models each with a different marker ( hiro, kanji, sample1 ) in the same scene ? i cannot figure out how to assign a marker to a model. only the hiro marker works.

Hi,Adam!
    All of my actors were static,but i want to rotate them ,is there anyway to analog the mark rotation?

Hi,

You can find an example for interactive rotation in the Harley motorbike demo. It works with both touch / and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by HengHa View Post
    Hi,Adam!
    All of my actors were static,but i want to rotate them ,is there anyway to analog the mark rotation?

Hi,

You can find an example for interactive rotation in the Harley motorbike demo. It works with both touch / and mouse.
    Sorry,I means the mobility of actors were static.

Just change the mobility of your actors to movable.

Quote Originally Posted by HengHa View Post
    Sorry,I means the mobility of actors were static.

Hey Adam, does the Plugin actually feature "extended tracking", like when I move away from the tracker is there some way that I can still see what is going? or is there a solution for this? nice Plugin btw, already bought it and it really is helping us a lot!

Hello
    I would like to use the matrix markers but I do not know how to set it up. How can I assign the positions of the markers and attach a model to it?
    Would love to see a project example or video
    Also when I build to android it works fine after I close and open the application again on mobile it some times crashes at start. I just keep reopening the application until it not crashes anymore, is there a fix for this?
    I'm using a Galaxy s5 and s7.

Thank you
    Tech artist at CrozzRoads.
    My Linkedin Stefan Poppe.
    Personal Portfolio StefanCG.

Hi!
    Does this plugin also support multimarker tracking? If it does, how would I set it up?

Thanks in advance

I bought the plugin a few days ago and have been messing with it but can't deploy it to Android. If I run the game the screen goes black for a few seconds and then crashes. I noticed another user in this thread had a similar issue and he didn't know how he fixed it, just that one time it worked. The game was running fine before I added the AR Plugin.

if I want to contact with unreal4ar.com admin, who should I contact? I already email at info@unreal4ar.com but no feedback from their. Can anyone tell me?
    I have problem with my plugin. Thanks

The problem that I face is

i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed.
    Now it said i reached my download limit.

Hi,

I have sent you an alternate link.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer STTS View Post
    The problem that I face is

i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed.
    Now it said i reached my download limit.

For UE 4.15 you will need to update your AndroidWorks to the most recent version.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNK_DADDY View Post
    I bought the plugin a few days ago and have been messing with it but can't deploy it to Android. If I run the game the screen goes black for a few seconds and then crashes. I noticed another user in this thread had a similar issue and he didn't know how he fixed it, just that one time it worked. The game was running fine before I added the AR Plugin.

Infiltrator
    Sorry, figured out I missed one step in the manual
    Last edited by Moonmana; 03-14-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Hey Adam,

Loving the Plugin! Got it working in many different ways. I've just run into a problem now though. I tried installing it on an Older Android tablet. The tablet only supports V4.1 of Android Operating systems - and when i try run the app it crashes. Does it have something to do with the the OS or is it because its a tablet( A doubt it, but you never know)?

Edit : And one more thing, is it possible to do this : When the viewer see's the marker the object appears onto the marker, but if the camera loses the marker instead of it disappearing it could move to the front of the phone screen.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by PiEdawg; 03-14-2017 at 09:46 AM.

I am not sure if it works on Android 4.1, I 've only tested it on 4.4.2 (Kit-Kat) and above.
    Please mail your log to info@unreal4ar.com

Quote Originally Posted by PiEdawg View Post
    Hey Adam,

Loving the Plugin! Got it working in many different ways. I've just run into a problem now though. I tried installing it on an Older Android tablet. The tablet only supports V4.1 of Android Operating systems - and when i try run the app it crashes. Does it have something to do with the the OS or is it because its a tablet( A doubt it, but you never know)?

Edit : And one more thing, is it possible to do this : When the viewer see's the marker the object appears onto the marker, but if the camera loses the marker instead of it disappearing it could move to the front of the phone screen.

Thanks so much

I am glad it's working now!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmana View Post
    Sorry, figured out I missed one step in the manual

Infiltrator
    I was able to build, package and install sample project from the commercial version of the plugin to my Samsung GT-N7000. The app turns off the phone on launch. Any ideas?
    Android version 4.1. So this can be the reason, right?

I have (3) webcams connected to my MacBook Pro, I'm using the demo plugin in 4.15, how do I tell it which webcam to use?

Locate the init node, and change dev num to 0, 1 or 2
    http://www.unreal4ar.com/init/

Quote Originally Posted by natemac00 View Post
    I have (3) webcams connected to my MacBook Pro, I'm using the demo plugin in 4.15, how do I tell it which webcam to use?

@AdamHorvath Is there any tutorial video out there or writing "Setting up your first scene" kinda thing?
    I'm a 3D artist not much of a developer but would really like to better understand how your plug in works.
    I went threw some of your documentation on your site, but was a little lost.

Such things as; I'm using your demo version and attemepted to load in geometry but seems to be more to it then just placing it in the scene.
    Thanks for insight you can give.

(p.s. I don't want you to think i'm just using this and never going to support your progress, but I need to show something to manager to approve a purchase, yea red tape. Thanks again.)
    Last edited by natemac00; 03-16-2017 at 01:33 PM.

It's for the full version:
    http://safefromrobots.com/?p=149

For the DEMO just open the level blueprint and find GetMarker nodes. They are transforming Actors based on marker position / rotations (CubeHIRO, CubeKanji).
    You can find them in the scene and change their static meshes to yours.

Actually any actor can be transformed, just make sure to connect the proper actor to the GetMarker nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by natemac00 View Post
    @AdamHorvath Is there any tutorial video out there or writing "Setting up your first scene" kinda thing?
    I'm a 3D artist not much of a developer but would really like to better understand how your plug in works.
    I went threw some of your documentation on your site, but was a little lost.

Such things as; I'm using your demo version and attemepted to load in geometry but seems to be more to it then just placing it in the scene.
    Thanks for insight you can give.

(p.s. I don't want you to think i'm just using this and never going to support your progress, but I need to show something to manager to approve a purchase, yea red tape. Thanks again.)

It's for the full version:
    http://safefromrobots.com/?p=149

For the DEMO just open the level blueprint and find GetMarker nodes. They are transforming Actors based on marker position / rotations (CubeHIRO, CubeKanji).
    You can find them in the scene and change their static meshes to yours.

Actually any actor can be transformed, just make sure to connect the proper actor to the GetMarker nodes.
    I did purchase the full version, seems a little easier to follow with more info, thanks.
    Nate M | Chicago, IL
    www.productionplus.com

Infiltrator
    Hi, Does this plugin work with google cardboard or some Mobile VR setup?

Faced such a problem, I can not find GenerateProjectFiles.bat, I used GitHub

Supporter
    Hi.

I have purchased the full version of the plugin, and I'm trying it out for an art project.

I'd like to know if there is a way to set the matrix code type in blueprints?

I can see that the constants and enumerations are present in the code:

typedef enum {
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_3x3 = 0x03, // Matrix code in range 0-63.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_3x3_PARITY65 = 0x03 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_PARITY, // Matrix code in range 0-31.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_3x3_HAMMING63 = 0x03 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_HAMMING, // Matrix code in range 0-7.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_4x4 = 0x04, // Matrix code in range 0-8191.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_4x4_BCH_13_9_3 = 0x04 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_BCH___3, // Matrix code in range 0-511.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_4x4_BCH_13_5_5 = 0x04 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_BCH___5, // Matrix code in range 0-31.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_5x5_BCH_22_12_5 = 0x05 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_BCH___5, // Matrix code in range 0-4095.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_5x5_BCH_22_7_7 = 0x05 | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_BCH___7, // Matrix code in range 0-127.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_5x5 = 0x05, // Matrix code in range 0-4194303.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_6x6 = 0x06, // Matrix code in range 0-8589934591.
    AR_MATRIX_CODE_GLOBAL_ID = 0x0e | AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_ECC_BCH___19
    } AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE;

but I cannot find a way of setting the matrix code type in the blueprints.

If it's not doable via blueprints, can it be done with some simple code change in the plugin source?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast