User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Augmented Reality for UE4

Infiltrator
    I think u should add the ability to rotate off the y & x axis too for the main source, was the first thing I added.

Infiltrator
    Really enjoying the plugin- bought a personal licence and it's pretty intuitive.

Only issue I'm having it adding my own markers.
    I've tried generating through Tarotaro. It generates "name.pat" files which I just rename to "patt.name"
    They appear to be the same size as the included markers and opening them up in a text editor they seem to be the same format.

I added them to both the data folder with the other makers and added them to the list in blueprint.

However, when launching the app on my phone my custom markers don't work!
    Anyone have any luck adding their own markers? And if so, what was your process?

Thanks!

Name:  QQ截图20170630112943.png
Views: 254
Size:  559.1 KB

I also use some other driver management, in this PC is able to identify the camera, in other computers are able to run, but I do not know why only my PC in this computer can not identify the camera ~???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just bought a personal license of the plugin and tried it in my windows laptop (windows 10). Unfortunately I always get the error "webcam init error". I also get the error from windows demo (http://www.unreal4ar.com/demo-videos/). In order to solve the issue I made a loop to test different camera's IDs (from 0 to 16) without any success. Any ideas?

Supporter
    Hi.

I had a similar problem and found out that my antivirus was blocking UE from accessing the camera. Disabling camera protection did the trick.
    You could also try to start your camera in another program and see if it works.

Supporter
    Hi Adam!

I've tried your plugin with multiple custom testmarker but i can't get it to work. If i write them in the "Markers" Enumeration and it recognizes just the first one in the list. Is this a bug or do i something wrong? I'm using UE 4.16.2 and the 1.8 Plugin with personal license. I've tested it in the "ARToolkit Simple" Scene. Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to use a different marker size besides the default Hiro size provided? I know it's possible with NFT Markers, but those are more complex. Just trying to use regular Markers set to 40mm.

This is currently possible with the Unity plugin which allows you to define the marker size. If it's not possible with the Unreal ARToolkit plugin are there plans to do so AdamHorvath?

Quote Originally Posted by xmak View Post
    Hi.

I had a similar problem and found out that my antivirus was blocking UE from accessing the camera. Disabling camera protection did the trick.
    You could also try to start your camera in another program and see if it works.

Hi xmak.

I have kaspersky and I did what you suggested but without any l luck, I still get the same error. I also try disabling the antivirus, and nothing.

Hello everyone. I bought the full commercial license and I wanted to congratulate you on your work. But I do have one issue which is,
    on the first page of this forum and in the second video (the one with the motorcycle) we can see the motorcycle being scaled and rotated.
    Can someone please tell me how this is being done. I can't seem to find keyboard shortcuts or mouse controls to achieve this. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jlbert; 07-10-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Infiltrator
    Hey Adam:

Thanks for the plugin! It is great. We have been using it for an android development and with the new Android version 7, I have noticed an issue specifically with the Google Pixel. The camera does not work on the Pixel, do you have any idea why?

EDIT and ANSWER:
    The file path for the obb in the APL file needs to start with Android

"/Android/obb/"

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bamwd5; 07-11-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Infiltrator
    how can I record whats on the users phone?

Quote Originally Posted by emma90 View Post
    I just bought a personal license of the plugin and tried it in my windows laptop (windows 10). Unfortunately I always get the error "webcam init error". I also get the error from windows demo (http://www.unreal4ar.com/demo-videos/). In order to solve the issue I made a loop to test different camera's IDs (from 0 to 16) without any success. Any ideas?
    My problem is solved. I just moved the "WindowsNoEditor" folder to C:\\ and executed .exe file with success. I also set camera id to 1 (default value).

Hi Emma,

I am glad to hear it is working now! Did you have any special characters in your project path ?

My problem is solved. I just moved the "WindowsNoEditor" folder to C:\\ and executed .exe file with success. I also set camera id to 1 (default value).

It's not supported but you can change it from source code.
    In \Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\Private\ARToolkitDevice.cpp search for patt_width variable. It is set to 80 by default. It is the size of the marker.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBrowne View Post
    Is there a way to use a different marker size besides the default Hiro size provided? I know it's possible with NFT Markers, but those are more complex. Just trying to use regular Markers set to 40mm.

This is currently possible with the Unity plugin which allows you to define the marker size. If it's not possible with the Unreal ARToolkit plugin are there plans to do so AdamHorvath?

The plugin works with multiple markers simultaneously. You could check out the simple demo (the one with chairs), it uses both the hiro and kanji markers.

You need to do 2 things in order to work:

1. Copy the marker file to \Content\ARToolkit\Data\ as patt.YOUR_MARKER_NAME
    2. Add YOUR_MARKER_NAME to the marker enumeration.

You should also check the output log to see if the marker is loaded successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by i1i1 View Post
    Hi Adam!

I've tried your plugin with multiple custom testmarker but i can't get it to work. If i write them in the "Markers" Enumeration and it recognizes just the first one in the list. Is this a bug or do i something wrong? I'm using UE 4.16.2 and the 1.8 Plugin with personal license. I've tested it in the "ARToolkit Simple" Scene. Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Hi Emma,

I am glad to hear it is working now! Did you have any special characters in your project path ?
    Yes I had an _ in the project folder name and the path was too long, so I moved "WindowsNoEditor" folder to a location with a shorter path and without any special character in it. Thank you.
    Last edited by emma90; 07-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.

How should I prevent the object's jitter when its location and rotation is binded to a NFT marker?
    Last edited by emma90; 07-12-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Supporter
    We purchase commercial version license and use it.

Using MacOS Sierrs (version 10.12.5) and Xcode 8
    I am trying to transfer the real machine to iOS with unrealengine 4.15.3.

I can not transfer because of the following error.
    Can you ask me the solution?

Failed to open descriptor file '../../../AR7Project/AR7Project.uproject'

Add a screenshot of iOS to the attached file.

Supporter
    Hi Adam!

Thanks for your quick response!

I already did what you said. My and the default markers are loaded successfully without an error as i can see in the output log file. As you mentioned, they should work simultaneously but in my case they don't. It is only working with one marker at the time and that's the marker i put in top of the list. I've a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000. I hope this describe it clearer. Are there people who experience the same problem? Thanks for any help.

Name:  MarkerTest.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  431.2 KB

Greetings
    i1i1

The plugin works with multiple markers simultaneously. You could check out the simple demo (the one with chairs), it uses both the hiro and kanji markers.

You need to do 2 things in order to work:

1. Copy the marker file to \Content\ARToolkit\Data\ as patt.YOUR_MARKER_NAME
    2. Add YOUR_MARKER_NAME to the marker enumeration.

You should also check the output log to see if the marker is loaded successfully.

Hi,

You were right, need to do some changes in the level blueprint.

1. Duplicate the Transform HIRO section in the level blueprint and change the marker name to kanji.
    2. Change the target to your target actor. (I've duplicated the CubeHIRO blueprint and renamed to CubeKANJI)
    3. Finally connect to the tick event.

Name:  2markers.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  492.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by i1i1 View Post
    Hi Adam!

Thanks for your quick response!

I already did what you said. My and the default markers are loaded successfully without an error as i can see in the output log file. As you mentioned, they should work simultaneously but in my case they don't. It is only working with one marker at the time and that's the marker i put in top of the list. I've a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000. I hope this describe it clearer. Are there people who experience the same problem? Thanks for any help.

Greetings
    i1i1

Check out the pose filter settings in the Harley DEMO.
    http://www.unreal4ar.com/set-filter/

How should I prevent the object's jitter when its location and rotation is binded to a NFT marker?

*Edit:

Ah, I feel so dumb, it's the cube mesh acting as a "screen" for the video feed that is clipping with the rest of my scene when I move too far away.
    I'll figure out a solution from here.

-----

Hello,

Thank you so much for the plugin, I've been tinkering with it the last few days, but I've now encountered a weird issue trying to set up a larger scale AR experience.

When i move too far away with the camera the farthest mesh will disappear gradually like they're being occluded by a spherical bound. The scene is still correctly tracked, as other closer mesh still rotate properly.

I tried to override LOD settings, change bound scale etc..but nothing seems to fix it. Even weirder, I've been using the unreal default character to run around in my levels, and contrary to the other meshes he's totally unaffected by the distance to the camera and never disappear.

I'm fairly new to Unreal so I must be missing something here, hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Last edited by flo777; 07-16-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Good evening I would have a problem to test whether to buy the commercial version of the plugin i bought the personal version but i would have the problem that the sample project works on the mobile only if i do the operation from the editor (LAUNCH) the project on any android device works in ETC2.
    When instead of the editor create an apk file to install then on the android device, the file is generated correctly but when I start the application on the device the background remains white and nothing is seen. As in the attached picture. Thanks For Help..
    Name:  20170714_233934.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  753.5 KB

Hi David,

You need to also generate the .obb file, and install the app using the generated .bat file.

Edit ->Project Settings -> Android -> UNCHECK Package game data inside APK

Quote Originally Posted by davide caudarella View Post
    Good evening I would have a problem to test whether to buy the commercial version of the plugin i bought the personal version but i would have the problem that the sample project works on the mobile only if i do the operation from the editor (LAUNCH) the project on any android device works in ETC2.
    When instead of the editor create an apk file to install then on the android device, the file is generated correctly but when I start the application on the device the background remains white and nothing is seen. As in the attached picture. Thanks For Help..

Im test with obb and the problem persist.... Generate the apk file and obb , and installed with exe on pc...Thanks for you help..

I got errors all over the blueprint. Version 4.16.2

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 60
Size:  871.3 KB

Hello Amir,

Seems like you did not compile the plugin .dll, or the plugin is not enabled.

Follow the instruction on the link below to compile the plugin:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/

a. Windows

1. Install Visual Studio 2015 – community editions are also working
    2. Launch unreal engine editor
    3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
    4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
    5. In UE4 editor File -> Refresh visual studio project (optional)
    6. Exit from unreal engine editor
    7. Launch your new project from epic launcher
    8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Tamadon View Post
    I got errors all over the blueprint. Version 4.16.2

Please send your device output logs to info@unreal4ar.com.

Quote Originally Posted by davide caudarella View Post
    Im test with obb and the problem persist.... Generate the apk file and obb , and installed with exe on pc...Thanks for you help..

It is partially fixed, but a new error has now occurred.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 42
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 41
Size:  50.7 KB

Which version of Visual Studio are you using ? Visual Studio 2015 is supported, newer ones may not work as expected ....

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Tamadon View Post
    It is partially fixed, but a new error has now occurred.

Supporter
    Hi Adam!

Thank you very much!!! It is working now! I didn't checked the code in the level blueprint at the first time! :/
    I've got another question: Is it possible to enhance the quality of the tracking? I saw you did some filter for this and I already played around with them but i dont really get a better result with them. Do you have a tutorial for this or can you explain this a little bit further? That would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You were right, need to do some changes in the level blueprint.

1. Duplicate the Transform HIRO section in the level blueprint and change the marker name to kanji.
    2. Change the target to your target actor. (I've duplicated the CubeHIRO blueprint and renamed to CubeKANJI)
    3. Finally connect to the tick event.

Hi Adam!

How I can update this plugin from another version to the last in an existing project ?
    Can the last version work with UE 4.14 and iOS 10.3?

Thanks
    Last edited by Neiko srl; 07-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819