Turtle VR

Greetings!

Turtle VR was released for the Oculus DK2 and on October 21, and is available for download from www.turtlevr.com. I’ve put together a short video going over what you can do with Turtle VR:

Using a virtual tablet you program a drawing turtle in real-time to create within a 3D space.

------------------------------------------ Original Message About Turtle VR ------------------------------------------

Presenting Turtle VR, a programmable drawing turtle using Google Blockly for the Rift and . Enjoy an overview video that details Turtle VR’s capabilities:

With a tablet style interface combined with Google’s Blockly, we are able to drive a programmable turtle in real-time while in VR. Draw and explore geometry using the blocks Turtle VR provides, and browse through the provided catalog of programs. Block-based programming makes it easy for anyone to get started.

The Turtle VR demo will be available for free in the next couple of weeks. It requires a and Oculus Rift to operate. We would love to get this running on the HTC Vive and Oculus Touch!

Technology Used:

• UE4 4.8

• Google Blockly

• CoherentUI

• Speedtree

• Dave

As a kid I’ve loved programming with Logo. It’s a great idea to have it in a VR environment.

Turtle VR is a prototype towards a larger, world building application. I figured what better way to test out the tablet interface than allowing you to do something creative like programming a drawing. Seeing the turtle draw around you when you stand in the center of the drawing area is lots of fun!

• Dave

Thanks for featuring Turtle VR on today’s stream Community Spotlight! Next time I’ll be sure to add some images to the thread before hand. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to releasing Turtle VR next week for the Rift and . Would love to also release for the Vive, but I’m still waiting for one. :frowning:

• Dave

Thanks for making this awesome project! We’re always happy to spotlight cool stuff like this :slight_smile:

Greetings!

Turtle VR was released for the Oculus DK2 and on October 21, and is available for download from www.turtlevr.com. Please see the original posting above for a new, short video, and new images.

Thanks!

• Dave