Round world-map planet?

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to find out information, since some one has to have already asked this before, but maybe I don’t know the right word to look this up.

I want to know about methods you could use to make a world-map level wrap around like a planet would. I’ve been thinking you could probably use chunks of terrain and set them like they would in the faces of a low poly sphere. So the world would actually be a regular flat world, but the chunks would be called in the spherical setup. Though, this is quite not my specialty and I might be dead wrong.

In any case, if someone has any ideas or information about this, I’m all ears =)

Thanks!

Take a look at: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?85022-Blueprint-C-Advanced-Templates-Tools-amp-Plugins&highlight=custom+gravity
:slight_smile:

The easiest way to get a good result is to use a mesh for that -> so just create one in your 3d program and then import it. When you want to have correct physics on your “planet” you will have to use the plugin that fangazza posted :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answers ^^