Advanced Village Pack

Hello everyone,
It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you the Advanced Village Pack, built exclusively for Unreal Engine 4.

The asset pack is now available on the Unreal Engine Marketplace: Advanced Village Pack in Environments - UE Marketplace

view fullsize: http://www.adrianlazar.com/advanced-village-pack/

The project started as a portfolio piece that my wife created, with me later building the Advanced Materials, Blueprints for customizable actors and Effect.

At a glance, the Advanced Village Pack includes the following:

• Over 140 assets: Static Meshes, Blueprints, Effects and Materials.

• The more complex actors like the houses and the trees have blueprints counterparts that allow for a fast and smooth customization.

• Advanced materials to represent a wide range of surfaces, from wood and metal to foliage, fire, smoke and water.

• 4096×4096 tightly packed textures with Diffuse, Roughness, Metallic, Opacity and NormalMap information.

• Selected actors support Day and Night Cycle. For example the houses and street lamps lit up during night-time.

• Example of a basic Day and Night system that can be further expanded for your specific project.

• Clean and well commented blueprints and materials, making it easy to modify if necessary.

This looks like a really cool looking asset pack, I hope it does well for you! Not my personal style that I’m going for, but it does look pretty good.

These are sooo coooolll!

I love the art style. Great work

I love the art style. however, the most challenging part for me (and I think this applies to quite a few people here on the forum ) is to find more assets with the matching art style to expand the world. With only 1 pack, chances are we’ll end up only being able to build a demo level.
Wondering if you guys have plans to build a 2nd pack at all? Like with town halls, blacksmith/forges , shops (amour shops, pie shops…), merchant stands, barns, barracks , churches etc…

Thank you for the kind words guys!

@Duyth, I understand your point and it’s something I encountered as well (I’ve used quite a few asset packs when I was working in Unity back in the days). Still, I prefer making / using an asset pack that looks interesting and can stand out rather than using an asset pack with a generic art-style which most of the times is bland. It is a valid concern and I guess it depend on the project and how the asset pack will be used.
As for making more packs in the same style, it’s up to my wife as she did 90% of the work (this started as a portfolio piece) and I guess it would depend on the interest in the first one. From my side I hope some people will find it useful for learning how to work with blueprints, materials and effects - that’s why I spend a lot of time making and documenting the smart blueprints.

+1 indeed :wink:

@adrian
Understood
I think environment packs are tricky ones as the way i see it is people may not want to buy a pack and risk going no where unless they only want to play around with the packs (cant build a full word for it, or cant get someone else to build more props to match the same art style)
For example, i bought a few packs past few months, there was that top down tavern pack and it is still sitting in dust :frowning:

@duyth: indeed Asset Packs are tricky but they can offer a lot of value depending on situation, being time constraint in real production or maybe not enough manpower for prototypes or pitch projects. And as you mentioned I know some buys packs also to learn how things are done (I did that a few times). Anyways, let’s see how this goes :slight_smile:

I posted another video in the first post, showing only the customization part and some behind the scenes.

Best,

man,
after watching your 2nd video, i want like 3 packs with this style so I can really build a whole town !!! this pack alone is just not enough :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,
The Advanced Villap Pack is now available on the Unreal Engine Marketplace: Advanced Village Pack in Environments - UE Marketplace

(how can I change the thread prefix from [Submitted] to [Released]?)