Question about .ini files

I just had a question … is it possible to make an .ini file with setting like metalcost=10, metalbuycount=1 and metalsell=20, metalsellcount=2 and then use those values in a blue print under
Item quantity = metalbuycount
base crafting resource requirements -> base resource requirement VALUE = metalcost?
for example: This item would cost 10 (metalcost)Gold Pearls “this is the currency I created, gold pearls” and buy you 1(metalbuycount)

You can’t create an .ini file but you can add to the “GameUserSettings.ini” file. I wrote a tutorial how to do it here: HOWTO: Get Variable Data From an Initiation File - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

but how do I apply that data to something? for example I want to pull data from the ini and set it to a blueprints quantity field

Ok still not getting help with this after a few days I need to find a way to set a blueprint property (item quantity) to the value stored in a variable … I read the part on how to get variables from the gameusersettings.ini but now I need to take that value and use it on a blueprint properties value

Yeah, I’ve got roughly the same issue. Here’s what I have so far:

I’m trying to alter the crafting requirements at startup based on the GameUserSettings.ini settings. For example, if I have a variable in the file like “CustomItemCosts=2.0000” I want to multiply all of CustomItem’s crafting costs by 2.

Here’s the blueprint that I’ve starting setting up on the PrimalItemStructure blueprint, but I can’t figure out what event would start this blueprint. Any ideas?

73fad761318d5d61743f4477e59dcb11c6b85ec1.jpeg

I am working on something similar. From what I found out, you can’t read data from ini on a resource blueprint.
So I have an idea which am trying to do but don’t have the know-how yet.
the idea:
read the ini file from the ShopTable blueprint. then save the data in variables. then use the data from the variables on the resource blueprint.

am still learning here, I am not sure how to save the variables and make them public so other blueprint can use them.
if someone can share an example, it will be great.

thank you

Hey - I am trying to implement this idea (reading the INI file) to an item I created (think TORCH) - I want the user to be able to change the CONSUME TIME to allow them to burn faster or slower. Unfortunately, I can not figure out which Blueprint to implement this in. I know it’s not the main BP, as that doesn’t have the consume timer info in it, and the one that does (the place able item itself) can not access any of the before mentioned routines at all. What am I missing here?

On the standing torch BP there is this:

You should be able to change it through .ini from begin play with this:

04cf95c045e32bb8c5e73ecbbdaee8ce.png

Begin Play doesn’t appear in the list, and I know what I want to change, it’s just not available - and if I follow anything from this post it gives me the : “Eternal Loop Found” error.
I will continue to hammer on this and let everyone know if I find anything out. (the editor being 1tb now is getting a little silly on the load times. HAHA!

Oh , and I’ve checked to make sure it’s local and not local in the check box… to make sure – but something about place able items is different so far.

If you don’t have a begin play, then your doing it on the wrong bp. You want the bp that contains the actual structure with the mesh. It should have a preview of the item and a blue line on the bottom.

Correct:

6db93088ec971729fae7d9cdbf7c725b.png&stc=1

**Incorrect:

8b6af4caa6c3704e04bf53134ea1b89b.png&stc=1