Medieval Village Environment

Great news! We have just released our newest product Medieval Village which can be purchased we added a hyper modular cabin.
With Medieval Village, we have BOTH those elements and included a whole lot more!

Here are just some of the features:

• **Ability to create multi-level floors with interiors - **we give you both modular and hyper modular pieces that can be mixed and match to create an endless variety of buildings
  • **Over 100 hyper modular pieces **- create thousands of variations multi-level houses with windows, walls, stairs, roof, and floor pieces
  • Over 20 pre-built roof, main & mid floor pieces
  • **85 medieval props **- huge variety of props to fill out your scene from crates, signs, fences, pottery and much more
  • About 10 vegetation props - trees, bushes, grass, carrots to help add some greenery to your scene
  • 4 tileable terrain textures - paint walkways and dirt paths, help break up ground with variation
  • LOD (level of detail) states for trees & props - allows for a more streamlined game that doesn’t bog down from a distance
  • Complete Support & Documentation - we make sure we update and support our products with quick email support and full documentation

Demos & Speed Level Test

****Modular & Hyper Modular Buildings ****

We’ve been listening to a lot of feedback from our previous products and customers want more customization. They love our quality of work but some of our assets lack the ability to create something that is truly unique in a game developer’s level. We believe the marriage of both modular & hyper modular pieces is the answer to create thousands of variations.

http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/08/06-1024x576.png
http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/08/07-1024x576.png

High Quality & Quantity of Props

We spent an extra two weeks on this pack to build out the necessary props needed to make a medieval village level. However, our prop artists still spent the same amount of time creating each individual prop keeping the AAA quality we’re known for. One fun thing our team did after creating the initial set of props is ask ourselves “what else can this prop be?” A rice grain sack could become a closed sack, a 4 person table could be turned into a smaller 2 person table, etc. These simple variations allows the user to mix & match even more props without wasting more texture memory.

http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/08/08-1024x576.png
Optimize, Optimize & Optimize

This is our biggest pack we have ever created yet it runs the smoothest! Optimizations such as LODs, occluders, compacted maps to save on memory, and clean shaders should ensure your game will run smoothly even with a large amount of assets.

http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/08/09-1024x576.png

This is one of the only times we have released a pack with COMPLETE CONFIDENCE this is all we could have done. We went 2 weeks past our scheduled release date to make sure we gave everything we got.
Hopefully others can enjoy this pack as much as we had creating it.
For now, you can purchase the Unreal Package & Source Package on our store
**Purchase here

It has been submitted to Epic and should be in the Unreal Marketplace sometime this fall. The unity version will be released in a couple of weeks, stay tuned!

This looks fantastic :smiley:

I love that it has interiors - so many medieval village packs don’t. A must have for me. Can’t wait until it’s on the Marketplace :slight_smile:

Definitely a great looking pack! looking forward to buying this.

@PolyPixel3D Loving the look of this new pack, you’re on a roll (y)

We were considering releasing a medieval pack ourselves either on the UE4 Marketplace (paid) or through the forums for free from an old project of ours which has now ceased development but out of respect for you we will probably hold off from doing that now and also because there is a lot of work required for us to get these assets which were formally in CryENGINE 3 up to snuff in Unreal Engine 4.

Feel free to take a at this old post which outlines some of these assets I speak of and who knows, if we ever do end up rebooting the Knoll IP we may very well purchase your pack ourselves :smiley:

(I won’t paste images as to not hijack your thread)

I’m also going to point people your way on that thread after I post this.

thank you for your support! we felt the same way with most environment packs not having interiors. something we plan to include in all future packs now since a lot of developers requested for it.

awesome! glad to have your support :smiley:

Ah we had no idea you were planning to release something similar! We had no intention to make something similar and step on your toes, sorry about that.

Thank you so much for mentioning us in your thread. It’s great to see content creators support each other!

@PolyPixel3D / Spahr Don’t sweat it, I’m actually glad that someone is catering to the medieval assets market on UE4 :slight_smile:

Our focus is primarily creating UE4 Plugins and services around the UE4 Community and on the side a couple of our members try to give back to the community when they can with advice and free content. We hope to continue on this path of providing a service to the community moving forward and even more so after the release of a very powerful workflow improvement plugin we are developing for UE4 and should hit GA by the end of the year :smiley:

Feel free to check out one of the services ([Free Marketplace Assets] A Patreon page funded approach :D]([Free Marketplace Assets] A Patreon page funded approach :D - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums)) that we are slowly building the infrastructure for in-between development of our main UE4 Plugin that we are currently in crunch time with.

P.S. If that service above is of interest to you, we are always looking for collaborators to help balance the load and you can reach us at patreon@binarysword.com for more information.

After you bought it someone else will buy it… and there after someone else again… And so it lost its unique feeling. So the 3D is great… but it will be quantity and not quality anymore when 100 People have it to.

Looks fantastic!

Is there a demo map(s) in the package?

Very nice, what price will you have on package?

By the way why is there no wind on plants?

Nice work guys! Really admire your work :slight_smile:

Really great work!

One thing, you might think about dropping the AAA from your descriptions, I don’t know about other people but when I see that it actually has the opposite effect. The quality of your work speaks for itself in the images, videos and presentation of your assets. The AAA cheapens it IMO, as if you’re trying to justify something.

Anyway, I digress, I’ll be picking up a couple of your packs soon I think :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Got it and it is awesome.

Agreed, for Unreal Marketplace I believe the “AAA” tag detracts from the high quality of the Marketplace.

Congratulations and all the best.

One thought, , it looks like some of your renders are done with Unreal 4 with Lightmass GI set ~too low~. I could be mistaken but just a thought.

Thank you so much! I’ve been looking for something like this for ages. Considering all the props, textures, foliage you guys threw in its definitely a good value.

Edit: Just the LODs need a little fixing with the topology.

http://i.cubeupload.com/MrQfTR.jpg

The Wireframe of this Object is broken… O.o why isnt it triangulated and why are there edges crossing each other? I agree it needs fixing.

Wow! Very nice work.

yes! all the screenshots you see and the demo in the video is provided as a demo map in the package

it will be $69.99

There is indeed wind on our foliage. We use a simple grass wind shader that is masked out with vertex baked colours in the model. The shader instances have real time parameters such as speed, weight, and strength.