[Template] Baked Lighting Puzzle

I recently had an idea for a puzzle game in which all objects have static lighting only and the main objects are placed differently and you have to puzzle the scene together with lighting as your only hint towards the right solution. Here’s a short video about it:

(the hello message, when everything is in place, has been replaced by a simple UMG widget)

It has been made within three hours and there are no comments but everything should be pretty self explanatory. I have a bigger project going on, so I give it to you to turn it into something beautiful.

The controls are simple and don’t require lots of explanation: Hold left mouse button to drag objects around, WASD to move the camera around, E and Q to rotate the camera, the mouse wheel to rotate the objects that can be rotated in 45° steps (any direction) or right mouse button to rotate it 45° clockwise (when object is dragged).

Since there is no dynamic lighting and the controls are simple, this might be perfect for a mobile game. I would name it “Light and Space, Right in Place”. It’s made with 4.8.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y15vrvr43b6a4z7/LightingPuzzle.rar?dl=1

License:

• For fully free games only (no in-app-purchases, non-free DLCs or ads in the game allowed, optional donations are allowed)
  • Name me (DasMatze) somewhere in the credits

That’s all I’m asking for. It would be nice if you post here in case you use it for something. I’d like to see it being used by someone.

Troubleshooting:

• If you replace the mesh variable of the puzzle object blueprint in the level and the model refuses to have static lighting, you need to open the blueprint, select the static mesh component and under lighting you need to set the “light as if static” option again (which is part of the lighting settings which are by default not shown) before compiling the blueprint again.
  • If you add new lights to a level, make sure they are set to static, otherwise the dynamic shadows will confuse the player a lot.

That’s pretty creative!

I can imagine a storyline where bad guys stop time and mess everything up. To avoid breaking the continuum, the heroes have to use lighting information on objects to relocalize them to their original positions…

That’s truly brilliant

Link does not work ?

The Dropbox’s link is disabled?

The thread is two years old, so yes, the link doesn’t work anymore.