How to use public folder as server?

Hi, I succesfully made a HTML5 build on 4.9, it works like charm when using the HTML5LaunchHelper.exe file, now I need to upload it to my server, in previous versions uploading all the files to public folder was enough to get it running, for some reason that doesn’t work anymore; any input on how can I make it work?

Here’s my original post in the Hub: HTML5: How to use dropbox public folder as server? - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hey ,

Since 4.9 HTML5 files are stored compressed and will not support this, you simply cannot use as a server. What you can use as a workaround is to uncompress the *.gz files and change the output HTML file to not use the *.gz files anymore. We’re looking at ways to add a feature to fix hosting on for the future however, it’s not the best route to host a HTML5 game.

Good luck!

Ty for letting me know! Then in that case, what about using kongregate?

As far as I am aware, Kongregate has no trouble running HTML5 games however, I have not seen any in 4.9 yet. Feel free to post an AnswerHub question if you run into any complications with uploading your HTML5 project.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I already did the question, the link is on the topic; ok, I’ll try to upload to Kongregate tonight then!

Forget Kongregate; it can’t handle uploading several files.

Were you able to find a solution for uploading your project?

Trying to upload to App Engine. I don’t see a way to host .gz files (Looking, suggestions more than welcome), and the unzipped versions contain files too large to host (71 meg for UE4Game.js)

~D

Sometimes large files create a big problem

Hey Everyone,

Here is some additional information that has been provided, I believe that the information on this post will help with the issues you all were running in to, thanks!

Hi Sam,
not sure how that helps with using as server? I don’t think DB accepts a .htaccess file?

Would this work with WordPress sites?