Marketplace Seller Portal

Hey,

couldnt find anything official yet, but did anyone which is a seeler notice that in your account you now got options “Personal” and “Seller”?
Seems like they put the first version of the seller portal online.

Right now theres not yet that much inside (they seem to still do much testing on the more advanced features like sales numbers), but you can update your own data which is displayed on the marketplace, create your submission finally with a nice web form.

So it finally the seller portal is becoming real. Yay! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Yep, in another thread mr. said Seller Portal is now very close to release.

“Very close” != “released” :wink:
I’ve read that thread too, but i was positively surprised today.

But when looking into the past, they are often pushing things live and tell the people a few days later; The first sight of the Web-Marketplace was also done by a community member and not through an official appointment :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ta-daa! Soft launch for the win. We’ll be doing an official announcement next week. Right now we’re testing the heck out of all the realtime sales data to make sure it matches payouts perfectly (connecting all these system together is tricky and getting this data correct is crucial), then we’ll flip the switch and open up that data to sellers. It’ll be a tab to the right of the Tax Information tab. Really excited to bring that online, along with the new dramatically improved signup process. Previously, signing up for the Marketplace, doing all the legal and financial work, and updating your information could take from one day to several weeks. Now, it can be done in as little as five minutes. This has been in the works for months. :slight_smile: Total top-to-bottom rewrite of how accounts, submissions, legal, financial, and tax information are collected. Our Team Online out in Seattle has done an exemplary job cranking on this, and have been very patient with me and the Marketplace team hammering on it and making feature requests.

Still in progress is the Publishing Tool, which is a more advanced version of the new submission form that lets you upload different versions upon submit, make your own updates and changes to text and screenshots, upload updates, etc. The big change here is that normally the Marketplace team makes these changes manually in our catalog, but the new Publishing Tool puts that control in your hands instead. Power to the people! And on the Marketplace team’s side, we have a moderator view with a “to review” queue of submissions and updates, so we can double-check that everything looks good, and basically one click to publish it for us to test or go live with. Far less manual input for us, far more control for you. Massive speed increase here as well.

Finally, coming a bit later this year is bringing all the web Marketplace features to the launcher, like comments, ratings, search, and more ways to categorize content as we grow. This is all the stuff I’ve been hinting at but can finally talk about as it’s rolling out. :slight_smile:

Awesome. Excited!

Great news!!!

Awesome work marketplace team, keep it up! =)

Looking forward to it!

Thanks so awesome! Thanks for the wonderful news :slight_smile:
You said it’s to the right of the Tax information Tab? Does that mean there is somewhere already that I can find tax information? Thanks!

Thanks everybody. :slight_smile: We’ve now officially announced the launch of the Publishing Portal! Woo! Also, five days of awesome flash sales: Marketplace Flash Sale Week - Unreal Engine

Jacob, it will be to the right of the Tax tab when we activate it, yes. The tax information is just for providing us with and updating your tax and business information, though.

Hi, it’s great to see the introduction of an official Publishing Portal and the Seller Profiles. I’d like to know how the product updates are handled. Previously it was done through direct correspondence with the Marketplace team through email. Is that process going to be the same? Or is it handled through the content submission in the Publishing Portal as well?

+1 Good new!

Hi ! It’s done the same way for right now, but when the Publishing Tool launches later this year, it will all be handled through that system. It’ll be another tab in the existing Publishing Portal.

Thanks for clarifying that, .

Im not actually able to change anything in the portal. Like address, support email, things of that nature. The UPDATE button is always greyed out.

I’ve been getting reports of this and we’re looking into it, but are trying to assess how widespread this is. Has anyone else here had this issue?

I’ve had that problem as well. Can’t update the site info and the like.

Hrgh! Okay, will work with the web team on this tomorrow to find out what’s wrong.

Which specific URLs are you having trouble with, and is there a specific error message or code you’re getting?

Not that I’m aware of, its just like Osok mentioned the update button is greyed out. I followed the http:// template and filled in my site info.

Yep i have the same problem too, the update button stays grey.