[Help Request} Understanding the random number/stat generator

Hello Survivors, Can someone please explain the random number/stat generator to me please. I will list an example and if someone could put this in terms of a math formula or laymen’s terms it would be greatly appreciated.

Default modifier value - 0
Randomizer range override - 1000
Randomizer range multiplier- .02
The Randomizer power - .5
State modifier scale - .001
Initial value constant - 0
Rating value multiplier - .09

This is used to set all values under Item Stat Infos. I would like to know what kind of values to expect when setting these for new items. I would also like to know if there is a way to access a generic RNG to generate events based on that. Thanks, Tom

Hey Tom,

This is a pretty tricky one for anyone besides Wildcard to answer I think. I say that because I believe the answer to this question is located in the source code, which we do not have access to. I could be mistaken, so don’t quote me on this one though.

A few of those are some what self explanatory depending on what the header of the section is that it is located in (context sensitive variables basically), but it’s still tricky for me to explain competently, and I don’t want to give you incorrect info.

alot of the stuff we need isnt available to us atm wait on the release we were ment to get on the 14th

200.5 is out already, use the little arrow next to the launch button to select “Verify” and it should catch the update

have done it 3 times now im not uninstalling it just to get an update

I’ve spent a fair few hours trying to figure out the whole quality and item rating system… and still haven’t made sense of it.

By default, items come with an Item Rating of 0.0. This much we know.
Item Rating 0 to 1.25 colors white, 1.25 to 2.5 colors green, 2.5 to 4.5 colors blues, 4.5 to 7.0 colors purple, 7.0 to 10 colors yellow, 10 and higher colors red. That’s the defaults anyway.
For the purposes of a managing your scaling, you might want to position 10 to 15 as your red range.

What I do know for sure is that “Rating value multiplier” literally multiplies whatever Item Rating is RNG’ed by that multiplier amount… if you set it to 5 and RNG had initial Item Rating of 2… it will make it 10.

I’ve thrown multi-numbers at:
Default Modifier Value
Randomizer Range Override
Randomizer Range Multiplier
State Modifier Scale

The only thing that makes sense is Initial Value Constant!

And “The Randomizer Power”… is just an irritating variable that is locked out and we can’t change.

Actually this whole quality / Randomizer thing is one of the biggest things slowing me down these days.

Devs… help please?

Bump… this is still one of one of the major mysteries of the Pyramids… I mean Ark.

It affects armor, weapons, saddles and loot generation decisions… so fairly important.

I would like to know this as well.

Hope this helps: [Tutorial] Understanding Item Quality - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums