IOS Packaged Game Crashes After Splash Screen - Something Geometry Related

Hi guys,

I’ve ran into a problem with developing an IOS app. I’ve started from the 1st person shooter template that the engine provides. My level is a simple external scene with some basic objects and materials. I can package and deploy my scene to my Iphone, which was working well until it suddenly crashes after the splash screen and reverts back to my iphone home screen.

This started happening when i added just one more model.

Take this model away, and the app loads correctly.

I thought something was wrong with just that mesh, but have since had the same problem trying to get more meshes in. And these meshes are not complex at all, literally just box shapes and flat planes, and some objects made with a sweep in 3DS Max.

I’ve unwrapped all the objects, tried resetting their xform, checked for ngons, stray vertices, etc.

I’m exporting out of max using fbx 2014.

It’s frustrating because my scene only contains about six objects now, and around 200 triangles. Hardly expensive at all?

I wonder if there’s something simple i am missing that someone can help me with.

Thanks

Hi TerryBuchan,

I had the same problem.
My solution:

1. Import mesh /fbx…/ as usual.
  2. Save scene
  3. Restart editor.
  4. Open scene
  5. Buid/Run on iOS device.

before I figured it out, ran a week :slight_smile:

It should work. Especially after the import, you must restart editor. I am on 4.8.3
I have a complicated model and it works on iOS alright, do not worry.
I hope that it will help you and you will be able to continue.
Best,
Michal

Thank you so much Michal. That indeed was the issue. Now I can crack on and start creating again :slight_smile:

I’m glad it helped you :slight_smile: Good Luck

Thanks, I’ve had this issue too and I was wondering if it was just my project but seems to be a common problem. I think it started with 4.8

hi 3DA thank you sooooo very much for providing your solution .
this issue was causing me a lot of fustration…
good luck !
thanks again !!!
:slight_smile: