Isometric Camera Setup?

Hello everyone!

I know this is probably a totally noob question but i’ve been at this for a few days and can’t seem to figure it out.

I’m an artist with no C++ experience but i’ve been learning blueprints for a week or two now. I’m attempting to create a 2d game with an isometric camera perspective. I’ve tried placing the camera in the viewport and referencing it in the MyCharacter BP, I’ve also created a whole new camera guessing at the correct angles/location within the components section of the CharacterBP, and about a million other things it seems don’t work. I’m sure the answer is simple and I’m just not understanding so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve watched most of the UE4 tutorials and tried to deconstruct what I could understand (granted not much) from the playable downloads in the marketplace and just can’t seem to get this right.

Thanks for reading and for any help :slight_smile:

In Unreal Project Browser, create a new project based on Blueprint Top Down. That should help you get started.

&d=1401787747

In your PlayerController Blueprint… there will typically be a camera. There’s an option on this camera to show either perspective or isometric. Let me know if you need a screenshot.

I could use a screenshot