User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Survival Horror in the works!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to finally show a sneak peek of the current project my team and I are working on! There's still a lot of work to do, but here ya go! Let me know what you think about the style! Any criticism is good criticism!

Thanks! Enjoy.

Name:  Shot_01.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  326.6 KB

Name:  Shot_04.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  350.5 KB
    Last edited by Mordecai; 06-12-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Very nice! Are you able to share how you made the effect of the dark fog?

Absolutely!!

Under the Modes window, type in, "Exponential Height Fog". Drag it right into your scene! Also, under the Fog Density, you can type in a number to raise/lower the density, and the Inscattering Color is used to change the color of the fog.

Cheers! What about the night sky you have going on? Just a black plane? or do you have a moon/stars?!

There is a night sky with stars, but the problem is that with this fog style, it's everywhere, so the sky ends up being invisible. In the long run, I will probably just delete it unless needed for basic shading or shadows from it. Gonna have to do some homework about that though.

Smile UPDATE: Project Red Gopher!

Hey everyone!

Long time no see! Just wanted to throw up some new photos of our project!

Name:  HighresScreenshot00000.png
Views: 1586
Size:  427.0 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00001.png
Views: 1603
Size:  875.7 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00002.png
Views: 1590
Size:  617.5 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00003.png
Views: 1594
Size:  571.8 KB

Come check out my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/ximordecai if you're interested!

See ya later!

Got the video working without a link. :)

There we gooo! No need for a link now!

Enjoy! Trailer coming soon....

It's definitely getting better and better! ETA on release?

No information on that yet, sorry.

Currently working on enemy animations and editing for our Teaser Trailer though. Keep poking in, it's right around the corner! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Environment Video Update!

Here's a newer, cleaner video with minor audio and new environment adjustments! Let us know what you think and share the love! <3

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post

Here's a newer, cleaner video with minor audio and new environment adjustments! Let us know what you think and share the love! <3

Thanks!

Very nice atmosphere. Character Input & Animations look very smooth, good Job! Enviroment is also pretty amazing and gives the exactly the vibe you wanted to create.

Keep it on! Looks very promising!

Thank you!

I am hoping we'll get some gameplay in for the next video x>.<x

That setting looks creepy! I like how we see the progression of it.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!

Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Thanks. It's kind of what we're going for, but nothing like the typical FPS creepy or horror... We're planning on having a good mixture of the old school survival and horror.

I wish I could go into details for you all, but I can't right now... -_- soon guys. SOON!

Update:

Currently now have an animator/rigger/person of awesomeness. Get ready! Trailer, demo and more coming soon!

Supporter
    Hi there,

I am a recent graduate in audio design and am really interested in helping you out with the audio (if you require someone). I can record a lot of my own sounds/work with sound libraries easily. I'll be happy to do it free for experience/portfolio reasons too! Check out some stuff I have worked on at omnibitsd.tumblr.com .

Thanks!
    Cyryn

@Cyryn You have some really good audio. We currently have custom music being made, but we might actually need custom sfx... If you're still interested and want to talk, please PM me when you get the chance.

Infiltrator
    It look pretty cool!

But if it´s a Survival Horror... probably you should put the camera more close to the character... but it´s just my opinion :P

@Johandark: Agreed. There are a lot of horror elements that can be missed from a far camera. The area you see in the videos is kind of like the... "Open Area", so to match that, I have the cameras help give off the "Open world" type of feel, where as when you go indoors, it's a little different. I definitely agree that I should put the camera closer to the character, but I am leaving that for other areas. You'll see in time! Thanks for the support and thanks for checking it out!

Thought I would share a random screenshot!

Name:  Shot_01.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  412.4 KB
    Last edited by Mordecai; 09-22-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Working on optimization and visual quality...

Getting there.

Tunnels Peek!!

Here's a peek at our tunnel's area.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  691.0 KB

Here's another peek at the tunnels.

Name:  11.png
Views: 883
Size:  987.2 KB

Hopefully this one doesn't look TOO dark like the previous one. -_-

Name:  tun_wip_01.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  823.8 KB

Working on footage!! let us know what you all think!

Last edited by Mordecai; 10-25-2015 at 02:35 PM.

It's been a while, but here's an environment update!

Name:  C_01.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  388.8 KB Sneak Screenshot!

look interesting to me !
    would you please tell me how you did the spiderwebs ( they really look cool, would like them for my game, too ;-) )

We actually got the texture from gametextures.com and applied it on geometry.

thx for the hint with the spiderwebs !

Finally got some Physical Material set footsteps and some environment interaction with some sound.
    Last edited by Mordecai; 10-23-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Here's a poke at some fun we're having...

Yee!

Name:  HighresScreenshot00119.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  555.6 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00135.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  464.4 KB

Name:  HighresScreenshot00113.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  628.8 KB

xD soon guys.

Name:  HighresScreenshot00171.png
Views: 357
Size:  776.1 KB

We're still here, and we're making good progress.

This looks amazing! It kinda feels like a mix between Onimusha and Fatal Frame. I think the character should walk more slowly, it's important that the characters don't move/run too fast in horror games. His idle animation should be a little less "aggressive", he should only take that pose when fighting enemies. Just my two cents, I'll definitely keep an eye on your progress, it feels good to finally see a modern horror game that isn't a first person walking sim.
    Last edited by SilentAndAsleep; 06-06-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Thank you!

You make some great and valuable points on the Main Character anims! Fortunately the main character seen in this video is currently a WIP and a new version is currently being modeled and textured. We will be posting soon on that and we do plan on keeping the character speed in mind. I do also agree the speed is too fast.

I am also glad to hear that you find it nice to see a 3rd person "Classic" survival horror. We're hoping a lot of people are looking for a fresh taste of the old style Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc. games.

Thank you!
    James
    STR Games, LLC.
    Last edited by Mordecai; 06-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Okay everyone!

Survival horror opinions needed:

1. State your age and generation of gaming you grew up with.

2. What is your favorite survival horror game and what did you like most and hate most about it?

3. What horror elements do you feel are 100% essential for a classic survival horror game??

4. What parts of a classic survival horror game make it FUN for you?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Mordecai; 06-09-2017 at 11:59 AM.

This game looks awesome, it will be a very good game! But I think the footsteps on wood are a littlebit too intense. Just my opinion
    I'm looking forward to see new Updates!

Note taken! I'll lower it a bit more. Thank you for the great feedback!

I like it. The wood textures are nice especially with the lantern reflections. The game has a nice aesthetic all in all. I like the charcter movement animations. The only thing strange is the turning. It looks like hes sliding around. Which I haven't done before, but I know the blendspace for transition isn't easy. The bang on the door startled me for a second. If I was going to add something to that seen. It would be a "follow me eyes painting" like the ones in scooby doo. Where the eyes are always watching you. Theres some nice sound effect for foot steps on wood in this example. I like it. The wood textures are nice especially with the lantern reflections. The game has a nice aesthetic all in all. I like the charcter movement animations. The only thing strange is the turning. It looks like hes sliding around. Which I haven't done before, but I know the blendspace for transition isn't easy. The bang on the door startled me for a second. If I was going to add something to that seen. It would be a "follow me eyes painting" like the ones in scooby doo. Where the eyes are always watching you. Theres some nice sound effect for foot steps on wood in this example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1LuKylTQU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast