Swarm Agent on Mac OS X Renderfarm?

Hi guys,
I’m Chris,
I’m on an all MAC config, main machine and render slaves.
How can I use my MAC renderfarm via Swarm Agent to calculate Lightmaps?
Is it possible for an all MAC Setup?
Or only Windows?
Thanks in advance. Cheers

I guess it works on MAC. Try to follow this guide step by step carefully. It worked for me :slight_smile: I’m on pc tho but I don’t see anything specific to pc in the tutorial.
https://iamsparky.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/tutorial-setting-up-swarm-for-multiple-machines/

Unreal coordinator and swarm agent .exes and in the DOTnet folder somewhere in your Unreal Engine folder. Just need the DOTnet folder on all your slave machines afaik, no need to install the whole engine everywhere.

Hi heartlessphil.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

I am familiar with sparky’s tutorial, but .exes don’t run on Macs.

So I’m stuck I guess…

Anybody on Mac getting Swarm to work?

Does ue4 even work on mac os?

If so, is swarm still a .exe in that case?

Yes UE4 works on Mac.

But Swarm Agent and other Swarm related apps are all .exe even for Mac. Hence the confusion.

I have Win7 on one of my PC machines, but it won’t allow me to install UE4… Go figure

So anybody from EPIC:
How do we do this on Mac?

Hi it appears the Swarm agents etc. across the network are PC only for now: Swarm - What is it and how to use it? - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

If you look at the shell script files that launch the .exe based tools, they are all launched using the mono cli. i.e. the build script runs “UnrealBuildTool.exe” using the line:

mono Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnRealBuildTool.exe ...

Running SwarmAgent.exe this way gives an error “assembly System.Deployment not found”, so no luck there for now :confused:

Any update about this? Is it possible to dispatch the lightmass calculation from a mac to a remote PC using swarm?

this tutorial, which everyone references, is not for remote machines, it’s for LAN setups only.