Answerhub spam

Sorry if I am posting this in wrong area but it seems to be the only real place to contact someone who may care. Your answerhub has been hacked and is getting bot-spammed with thousands of Chinese (or Japanese) posts which appear to be for random universities across the globe. This is making it impossible to help or be helped on answerhub. Someone needs to attend to that site ASAP and fix the problem.

I don’t see thousands, only a few dozen ones, I think helping others is still possible, there is only one new spam post every few minutes. Of course it’s not nice, but it’s not as bad as you describe :slight_smile:

We are aware of them and i’m deleting those posts as i see them. Let us know if you see any spam posts older than 20min. and one of the mods will take care of it.

Thanks!

But it is. It started last night/early this morning. I went back 61 pages worth of spam before I ever saw a page of real posts. 61 pages multiplied by 30 entries per page equals 1830 and the spam was still continuing when I logged out plus the fact that it’s continuing… I did just go back to answerhub while writing this and it does appear that someone has got them removed because the first page has questions from an hour ago :smiley:

Thanks , I just saw that many have just been taken down! You guys are , thanks!

the same spammer again, seriously, I don’t usually visit the answerhub but I think I might make an exception and give you a hand if it gets out of hand considering what happened yesterday/this morning:)

The thing is, even though we mods are mostly from different time zones there are times that we all may be asleep/afk, so bear with us if you see spams sitting around for longer than 30min. Thinking about the old days we may have a heavier attack in the weekend but no need to freak out!

@; you may have to take over in about 4 hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey mods.
Looks like we have some spammers and trolls in the forums aswell.
My antivirus fliped out when I clicked those links in my virtual machine. Please remove StarTrekCafe’s post.

New spam attack is right now?..

[=Khusnutdinov;346656]
New spam attack is right now?..
[/]

Yep, will take care of it right in a moment :slight_smile:
Thx for the info.

://i64.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0920/0f/a53e9a262d9455cc1ed61f80b2932f0f.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

I have just checked and we seem to be clear again. We’ll be monitoring both here and AnswerHub … stupid spammers.

Wanted to let you guys know that we are getting spammed again on answerhub.

Thanks

[=jtsmith;348676]
Wanted to let you guys know that we are getting spammed again on answerhub.
[/]

yep, its been happening everyday, its a very persistent spammer, they have been doing on the forum as well (at least you guys don’t see that:))

https://i.gyazo/0ac695a755ec70b9af4a53188386966e.png

Its getting worse and worse, actually considering disabling email’s from answerhub which is a shame because I like helping people and trough the emails I have the easiest time picking out which ones I can answer.

[=;350647]

Its getting worse and worse, actually considering disabling email’s from answerhub which is a shame because I like helping people and trough the emails I have the easiest time picking out which ones I can answer.
[/]

Just disable emails for now, after they have stopped (epic is surely working on a solution), you can enable it again. Meanwhile, just take a look at the “recommended question” tab of answerhub :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we are working on a viable solution. For now, disabling the emails is the best option until a fix is implemented.

Spamming answerhub again.

I don’t think the amount of help provided on answerhub recently will change due to this >.>

I just wanted to provide an update that the AnswerHub site developer believes they have a fix to prevent the latest insurgence of spam attacks, and we hope to roll it out in an update next week.

Thanks in the meantime for the help in fighting the spam.

It’s not as important but you also have one guy spamming the same sh*t on different blog posts.

It’s the guy talking about the S2Engine, I’ve seen him in 4 blog posts, he may have more spam.