User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit

CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit

Hi!
    I am presenting you CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit, that will bring the basic racing things, for the Unreal users, who wants to make car racing games!
    I have released, three tutorial video on how to export/import cars step by step, using Blender to Unreal Engine 4.
    My project is available for purchase on sellfy and on the marketplace too, for only 10$!

Name:  LmseSiB.png
Views: 4859
Size:  107.1 KB

Features:
    - Automatic/Manual Gear switch
    - Added intro video
    - Finished Time Attack, Time Attack (Reverse), Free Roam levels
    - Basic Time Trial System (Used Epic's tutorial)
    - Pause Menu Sytem with levels selector, settings and credits
    - Car Flip function, if the car has landed on it's top, now with manual flipping (only works if the car doesn't moving, after that, move the car a little, then 5 seconds later you can flip the car again)
    - Basic Damage System with Sound Effects and Damage amount applied by speed (Improved Damage System with Triggers + Particle Effects)
    - Tire Smoke/Skidmarks, if Brake or Handbrake is used, also when oversteering with skidding sound effect
    - Created a new Speedometer for the car (HUD)
    - Added very low graphics settings/reduced build size
    - New car mesh "HOLLO" got visible damages, LOD's
    - Car interior has now fully working speedometer, steering wheel, gear stick, gas/brake pedals and radio
    - Color Changer with user defined colors for it's Body and Interior
    - Created icon and splash image
    - 3 Camera (Follow, Orbit, Interior)
    - Engine Sound Effects
    - Reverse, Brake & Front Light
    - Brake/Handbrake Sound Effects
    - Tire Sound Effects
    - Horn Sound Effect
    - Metric & Imperial Changer
    - Analog Speedometer
    - Basic Nitro System with Refuel, after a few seconds
    - Basic Garage to Repair the car, also you can repair it anytime, with pick ups
    - OnGround function with Line Trace to detect if the car is on the ground or not
    - OnTop function with Trigger to detect if it's on top or not
    - Map was also changed, added Race Track, the Terrain was deleted, the car Bottom, Top, Triggers couldn't work because it didn't had overlap collider functions
    Also works the best with an Xbox 360 Controller.

Purchase Links:
    Sellfy:
    https://sellfy.com/p/haM6/

Marketplace:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/cartest-advanced-vehicle-kit

Builds Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1GMRVVoKFkTfnVQQTNwcVRsQnBkZTN5ejFQM05WVTJ3WG9ISkY0TmNfcmR0am1QSjVjTDg

Final Build Alternative Download Link:
    https://mega.nz/#!k4J2mTqS!2UK6iwIo5DyjDZnRHoERuecHcYrdpnJhEC6tLlOcgTE

Tutorial Videos Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLArl3xAPok-hhidwxTtCIcSD7rEILZWqq
    Be sure, that you have enabled the subtitles on the tutorial videos.

Tutorial Car Mesh Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1GMRVVoKFkTMFhtUmJQYTR0bkE

Tutorial Car Mesh Alternative Link:
    https://mega.nz/#!o5Y2UJwL!4xzLJ51JybTVU1rK_4Q-C0uy27wlKRzCtPEO85fCBO8
    This is the car mesh that i have used in the tutorial videos, it's available to download for free, so you can easily follow along with my tutorials.

If you like my project so far, then go check out the builds and the tutorial videos, also feel free to give me some feedback!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 02-09-2017 at 06:54 AM.

UPDATE:
    Yesterday, i had some free time so i decided to make some Trigger Collisions for the car, but i think a have run into a "bug".
    It doesn't matter which Collision Preset, or is it No Physics Collison, it will always work as it was a Collider.
    But if i choose No Collision it doesn't have any Collision Function nor Trigger Function.
    Is there any fix for it?

Name:  PM5qbT9.png
Views: 5469
Size:  782.3 KB

Name:  RayjmzC.png
Views: 5419
Size:  785.8 KB

Name:  uKcwVHH.jpg
Views: 5444
Size:  241.3 KB

Name:  oRG7IvG.jpg
Views: 5324
Size:  245.7 KB

Name:  y3oJLFL.jpg
Views: 5307
Size:  202.2 KB
    Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 07-30-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Infiltrator
    try turning off "autoweld" for the trigger volume under the Physics Details category and then set it to overlap only or whatever collision type you're after

dcyoung
    Thanks for the information, it's working now, tomorrow i can continue working on this project!

UPDATE:
    Hi, guys!
    Sorry, that i am not adding too frequently posts from this project, but now i am!
    Here are some images, from the tyre of the new car:

Name:  SV1Oqv6.jpg
Views: 5151
Size:  224.2 KB

Name:  vpA5OLP.jpg
Views: 5137
Size:  240.4 KB

Name:  ZP2uF0D.jpg
Views: 5109
Size:  246.4 KB

Name:  AAsg3gG.jpg
Views: 5081
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  gczweKU.jpg
Views: 5064
Size:  165.7 KB

Also, some images from the map:

Name:  AbH7qpx.jpg
Views: 5083
Size:  208.9 KB

Name:  eNhjp80.jpg
Views: 5074
Size:  213.0 KB

Name:  6n6EcxW.jpg
Views: 5055
Size:  187.9 KB

I have made the Triggers to work correctly so from now the car will deform on the crash location on the car not just randomly damaging the car.
    Also the new car is an Fiat 500, also the finished version will not contain any emblems, and i will add a fictional name for the car.

Great stuff, looking forward to picking this up.

Thank you, i am doing my best!

Looking great so far, I'm definitely going to keep my eye over this project.

Thanks! I am working on the car interior right now, but before i can finish it i will need some sleep.

UPDATE:
    Hi, guys!
    Here's another update, from this project!
    Also i have uploaded a new build to the above link it includes the new car.
    The new car is still in W.I.P. stage, also i have an minor problem with the front brake pads (doesn't rotate along with the tyre), but that problem you will see it on the newest build yourself!
    Here are some images, from the the new car, and also some pictures related to my above problem:

Name:  HgWk4R7.jpg
Views: 4847
Size:  215.0 KB

Name:  YZYuz82.jpg
Views: 4818
Size:  176.2 KB

Name:  V7KAlhu.jpg
Views: 4811
Size:  141.8 KB

These images are from this project, i wanted to get the Z axis rotation from the front wheel's, but i am not sure how can i get those from the animation blueprint to my car, could someone help me out?

Name:  KC3cWTp.png
Views: 4789
Size:  439.3 KB

Name:  qGzNR9G.png
Views: 4773
Size:  530.4 KB

Name:  cTgE08o.png
Views: 4767
Size:  433.7 KB

Make the steering wheel turn with the front wheels. Try to make the brake calipers (you said pads) children of steering pivots.

Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, with the pads i meant calipers, thanks for correcting me out, also i want to make the steering wheel rotate, after i am able to get the front wheels Z axis rotation from the animation blueprint, also on the 4 and 6 image, you can see that i am tried to cast it, but i don't really know what should i insert to the "Object" pin.

Get the wheel angle in your vehicle BP then send it to your Anim BP with an interface. Check this post for more info: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3980-Vanishing-Point-(Not-the-97-remake!)&p=275919&viewfull=1#post275919

its great work

MuhammadMadi
    Thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it!

Jacky
    Thanks for the reply!
    I got it working with the help of your thread, right now i got my steering wheel rotating and also my front brake calipers correctly, at least one of them.
    I don't know what could cause it, but the right one rotates with the wheel exactly, but the left one just won't, it's rotating into the wheel's rim, so it's just rotates a bit much.
    I have tried to change it's variable using a float*float node and change it's second pin, if i lower it then if i turn the wheel to look right (i press right or d button) then, i can set a value that will make it look right, but if i turn the wheel to the opposite side it will look worse than on the beginning.
    What could cause this problem?

It's a bit hard to see but the calliper goes into the wheel's rim.

Name:  wU1kLtJ.jpg
Views: 4658
Size:  199.3 KB

Name:  WG9lNG9.jpg
Views: 4640
Size:  202.3 KB

Name:  BwVc6Ri.png
Views: 4620
Size:  350.3 KB

Name:  khEvaWl.png
Views: 4609
Size:  418.1 KB

Name:  ZYJIs42.png
Views: 4604
Size:  529.6 KB

It is probably caused by Ackermann accuracy. Set it to 0 in vehiclemovementcomponent and see if it works properly now. If it does, then you'll have to follow the Timeline workflow instead of using steering angle.

Jacky
    Thanks for the info, it was the Ackermann accuracy.
    About that timeline method, for what should i use it, for the steering wheel?
    Because it works like before, i set Ackermann accuracy to zero but now all front brake calipers works, but without it just my steering wheel works.

Oh yeah, you'll use the Timeline for the steering wheel rotation. For calipers however, you can do a lookat rotation system like the advanced vehicle BP i think.

Jacky
    Thanks for the help so far!
    The timeline method won't work/look too good, if i am using a gampad (have any value between -1,1) for that i would need much more timeline node, wouldn't it be easier if i am using the value of "Get Steer Angel" with a "Clamp (Float)" node so the steering wheel rotate symmetrical?
    Also i have sorted out the calipers problem, without the need to add any, Look At node or by setting the Ackermann accuracy to zero.
    First you need to pull of two values from the wheels array because one for the left and another for the right (the left one, and the right one is always different if any Ackermann accuracy is applied).
    Use the above mentioned two values on your desired bones!

Name:  IluRx1m.png
Views: 4569
Size:  395.5 KB

Name:  KM3W2aB.png
Views: 4580
Size:  464.8 KB

Name:  l0SYigQ.png
Views: 4581
Size:  591.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Balint3DDesign View Post
    First you need to pull of two values from the wheels array because one for the left and another for the right
    Hah! That's smart. And yeah, i suppose clamping would work too.
    Thanks for sharing! Wish i could get back to my own vehicle now.

Jacky
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Also i have dropped the clamping idea and made the steering wheel to work correctly.
    Just switch out the clamp node to a float+float and divide that by 2, so you got an average value of it, and than it only needs multiplication!
    I hope, you will get back to it!

UPDATE:
    I uploaded my 7th build of my project.
    I have added an very low graphics setting and reduced the build size, the new car "HOLLO" got some visible damage also 5 LOD's too.
    In HOLLO's interior now the radio works too (if you switch music the displayed title switch too), also the interior got textures, but the speedometer's isn't finished yet (it's jut an image projected on the speedometer, )!
    Here is an image from the interior:

Name:  IF0tAXR.jpg
Views: 4378
Size:  127.4 KB

This is awesome Balint3DDesign! . Are you still planing sell this on marketspace or somewhere?

Alexarg
    Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, i am planning to sell this project on the marketplace for 10$!

instabuy for me , can't wait!

UPDATE:
    Hi, guys!
    I have finished, working on the car interior and to celebrate this i have updated the project to the 4.9.1 version.
    But that was not my best idea (luckily i have multiple backups from my project).
    I think some changes was made to the colliders in the engine.
    So the problem is that, in the previous version 4.8.3 the damage using morph targets/colliders was working correctly but with 4.9.1 just isn't.
    When you get some damage on the car, with 4.9.1 the car mesh starts flickering when it's moving.
    I have uploaded two new builds (CarTest_4.8.3_X86/CarTest_4.9.1_X86) none of the two was anything changed by hand.
    Someone have any idea, to fix this issue?
    Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 09-27-2015 at 09:26 AM.

UPDATE:
    Hi!
    The above post of mine, has been succesfully reported and got a ticket number: UE-21684.
    I have uploaded another build, accurately the eighth.
    You can see the new things added to this build on the first post.
    The next feature will be the, "Tire Stop Bug, if the handbrake is used while the car is still, and then you add some throttle, after a few seconds it stops spinning for a moment then, it's continues to spin and this goes all over again" and the "Tire Skidmarks if Brake or Handbrake is used."
    Someone have any idea, why is the first happening?
    Also how should i approach the Tire Skidmark with only using Blueprints?

UPDATE:
    Hi, guys!
    I have some great news, i uploaded the nineth build, of my project.
    The new things added to this build are visible on the first post.
    Also it needs only some minor work and finally i can submit it to the marketplace!

Hi! I donwload the last build, really nice, I will buy it as soon it get to the marketspace =)
    A question: The car skeletal mesh needs some specific settings?, like some specifics bones, weights, etc? Just wondering how difficult is to add custom cars to the project.
    pd: Excuse my English.

Alexarg
    Hi!
    Thanks for the question!
    I have used Blender for the car and i don't know if it can be done with other programs.
    First it didn't need any rigging (bones) in Blender, as you can see on the images i just have seperated those mesh that can move/rotate separately (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Brake Pads).
    All those separate meshes need to be a parent/child of the car main body mesh, also it's really important that the meshes names need to be the same as my HOLLO car, those names you can see too on the images (it's the UE4 one).
    You don't need to have all of the "bone's", if you want you can just have a body mesh and four wheels, but then all those blueprints will be usesless and will waste resources from the computer.
    You need to be sure that your car axis are correct too, if it's not then it will cause some problems, also as i mentioned on the first post when this project will be available on the Marketplace i will post a step by step tutorial on how to import cars into UE4 using Blender.

Name:  G9tCeDc.png
Views: 4021
Size:  549.0 KB

Name:  5IFgnkv.png
Views: 4190
Size:  537.2 KB

Name:  acm6CZb.png
Views: 4077
Size:  554.3 KB

Name:  RwvCEfB.png
Views: 4035
Size:  955.5 KB

Ok, thanks!, I'm currently working with vehicles and I am using the a similar approach that you are using, so good to know =)
    keep the good working!
    Thanks!

Alexarg
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Now for some news, i have made a request to submit my project to the marketplace, so on the coming days i hope that i will serve to you guys, with some good news!
    Also i have uploaded the last tenth build so go and check it out!
    Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 10-29-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Veteran
    Good.. look forward to the project in MarketPlace!

UPDATE
    Hi, guys!
    I have some bad news!
    Right now my project is on hold, because the main car is looking like an Fiat 500, but it has fictional name and the interior isn't exactly the same, but they need some sort of proof that i can sell it!
    I have two option get some sort of proof that i can sell it or switch it out with another car, that will not hopefully violate any copyrights.
    So, what do you guys think about it?

Hi Balint3DDesign,
    1) what kind of proof? some confirmation from FIAT that there is no problem using this model that is similar to Fiat 500
    2) How much work do you need to do to replace the mesh? (assuming you will not start from scratch but from a free model)

Cons:
    1) could take a lot of time or take forever to get a response
    2) You must do extra work

I think you could do both things at same time, I mean, try to contact Fiat ( or whoever needed), and in the meanwhile, add another car to the project.
    So if 1 or 2 are OK, you are done.
    if 2 is complete and after that, 1 is OK, well we will have two cars on the project
    Add another car shouldn't be difficult except for the damage morph targets on mesh ( I really don't know how difficult is to add that)
    Last edited by Alexarg; 10-31-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Alexarg
    Yeah, i need an confirmation/proof that i can use it, so basically i think i need a license (which is really expensive, i think) from Fiat to use the car in my project commercially.
    The response indeed could take weeks also Fiat's support only speaks Italian which i'm not familiar.
    I didn't want to replace the mesh, because then i need i car that doesn't look like any other licensed/branded car, with an exterior/interior to fully work, but i can make one with exterior and much more limeted interior faster.
    Yes, with this i will be doing some extra work, the import, morph targets, are pretty easy to make, but the modelling and texturing can take a while if i want an detailed car.
    I think this time i will make a sport car that will be really low poly also want it to be to look nice.
    Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 10-31-2015 at 09:41 AM.

I understand, if you want my opinion, you are not selling the car itself but the system you made. Basically if you give me a square with 4 cylinders representing a car, I am happy with that, as soon as the system itself works. But is just my opinion

Thanks for your opinion, but i only want to make a really simple (box car) only when there is no option left, right now i have begin to work on another car model but this time with much lower poly count!

Hi all!
    I think i misunderstood the email from the marketplace guy, because i needed to send my project files + some description + images, but that doesn't guarantee, that it will be on the marketplace any time soon!
    Also i have send the needed files around 1 week ago, so i should give, to you all good or bad news in the coming days!
    Abeout the new car mesh, i have changed my mind and it will be a box car and i will use it in my tutorial video!

Great, looking forward for this! hope it hits the marketspace soon =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast