for UE4

Hello everyone, I would just like to gather some input regarding which laptops work well with UE4. What do you guys have? What would you recommend? I am looking to spend no more than $1200 if possible. I don’t need a to be doing anything too intense, just something that will be decent for me to work on designing levels while I’m away.

I have a lenovo IdeaPad Y580:

intel i7-3610QM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 M
4 GB RAM

Make sure to have better specs than my laptop, because I just get around 30 fps in the template map on epic :slight_smile:

MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Dragon

I7 4870HQ
GTX980m 8GB
32GB ram

as your on a budget I would say try for a with:

GTX970m, a 960 would work but a 970 will be noticeably better, thinking about it you could go for something like the 880m so you get more bang for you buck
8GB ram , although I’d recommend trying to find one with 16GB
and get the best CPU you can within budget

I think you should avoid things like macbooks or razor laptops as they are overpriced and underpowered.

Thanks, and don’t worry, a Macbook would be my very last choice :stuck_out_tongue: Your is beautiful, I need me one of those.

Hope you don’t mind the hijacking, but I’m looking for a as well, but with a smaller budget of $850. I’m not a fan of TN panels and I’m looking at the ASUS N550JK-DS71T, there doesn’t seem to be too many IPS options in that price range.

Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Processor: Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz
Ram: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M 2GB

For $1200 you should be able to get a 970M or better and 16 GB of ram. You might be able to find one with an SSD as well, but you could upgrade that yourself.

://www.amazon/G751JL-DS71-17-3-Inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00T7EXKLG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438050105&sr=1-2&keywords=asus+rog would be a good choice for the $1200 range, as long as a larger 17" machine is do-able for you.

I can guarantee you, if you get a Clevo Sager you will get the best specs for the money.

how about a desktop for around 1k or 1.5k?

Your always best off building your own. Logical increments, ://www.logicalincrements/ is a decent starting point, but you’ll want a better processor and more ram than they suggest most of the time, and you’ll want to avoid using multiple GPUs. The site was built around computers for playing games, and UE4 is a game engine, but that extra RAM and CPU power really comes in handy. Also you can always save money by using a cheaper case and cpu cooler than the ones they suggest.

thanks zacD

Well, I built my desktop for $800 and it is the fastest PC I’ve used in my life, but I need something more portable.

glad to hear that;)

yep, it looks good has the best sound I’ve heard from a and can keep up with most desktops although it cost quite a lot(about double your budget).

I have a HP Envy 1.9ghz 8gRAM. It’s not the best but it still works. I am actually gonna start building a PC for bigger projects. What do you guys recommend for parts?

Depends on the budget, but an i7 + GTX 970 + 16GB ram + 256 GB SSD would be my general suggestion.

Well I’m asking to see what everyone uses and making my decision then to what I’m going to get. But thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

MSI are pretty good in my expierence

good specs in them for sure. depending on your physical location though I’d stay away. I bought a Sager once. I still have it. It was their first quad core laptop. two 7950 GTX cards in SLI. spent about 3500.
Arrived with 2 dead pixels… (within their acceptable dead pixels policy) annoying as HELL!. by year two the keyboard had lost some keys for use, including the F11 key which turns on the wifi. So the wifi is dead by default. the HD audio AUX port was shabby, broke inside with minimal use, one of the four fans ont he bottom died within a month and headphone jack barely worked. warranties arent friendly and they’re pricey PC’s. the mobo and vid cards def run forever though… but what good is it without a nice screen, working keyboard and wifi.(yes i can repair it on my own. but I shouldnt have had to that early)

I use an Asus zenbook ultra. It’s super thin. two 512 SSD’s. 12 gigs of ram. i7 quad core 2.1ghz. dedicated 650M vid card. Does the job fairly well. Could be better in the ghz dept. Was about $1300CAD stock and came to $1800 after adding SSd’s and ram and shipping. That was about 2.5 years ago.

Check out the review:://pc4u.org/msi-gp72-leopard-pro-002-17-3-inch-gaming-laptop-review/