Training Stream - Drag and Drop w/ UMG, Part 2 - July 28th, 2015

WHAT
Training Content Creator continues showing you how to add drag and drop elements to your UI using UMG. This is another stream all the UI designers won’t want to miss.

[SHOT]

[/SHOT]

WHEN
Tuesday, July 28th @ 2:00PM-3:00PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE

WHO

• Training Content Creator

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Edit: The YouTube archive is now available here](Drag & Drop with UMG | 02 | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube)

Awesome,
I have a question, is there a way to fire an event from somewhere when a drag item has dropped to handle if the widget is dropped outside the screen or on screen but was not handled/did not hit another widget.

Thank you very much guys!, has been an awesome learning series with . Are recorded sessions to review them more closely will be available?.

Yep, they’ll be up on the unreal engine youtube channel shortly.

Great!. Thank you very much for all!! :slight_smile:

I Finished up the 1st video prior to the 2nd and spent the 2nd video chatting with people and planned on watching the stream later. Now that I am going thru the stream I am finding things missing…

Am I just crazy or are parts that “should have been done in the 1st video” not actually done when the 2nd video references them? Things like the Pickup Item and Inventory check in Controller around the 45m Mark as well as the actual Inventory Slot widget layout and creation.

I’m re-watching the video just now and you are right about InventorySlot (other stuff not reached yet in the video), fortunately the InventorySlot is very easy to implement in Designer but i don’t know if have some stuff into Graph, need to finish watch the video.

EDIT:

Seems the Graph is similar to Action Slot.

You are 100% correct sir! In prepping for the second stream I grabbed the wrong project to start with that had some extra stuff in it. I plan to address this in today’s stream so that when all 3 videos are posted, we can add a note to jump to the third video in order to continue the prep work. Human error. :slight_smile: