TOUR of DUTY

TOUR of DUTY(TOD) is a multiplayer WW2 FPS along the lines of Day of Defeat. TOD will bring back the best of DOD and DOD:S at the same time adding new class not seen before(i.e. Medic). I plan on getting a fully functional character and test map done in the coming months. Currently I am working on the the weapons(BAR, 1911 Colt,Mk2 Grenade(finished)). Our core team consist of myself and our main programmer George A Lancaster

Cool, I loved Day of Defeat back in the day, I was even thinking of writing an AI to play it a month or two ago so I can (kind of) relive the old times!

Will keep an eye on this :slight_smile:

@Neoptemus, I’m trying to keep the details of the game vague but if you have any question I’ll be happy to answer them. Also if you have any suggestion for the game, post them!

Update: I finished the Colt M1911A1:

I need to finish up the BAR next!

edit: added some color grading/tonemapping

They look fantastic, well done.

Ill be watching this with great interest. WW2 shooters are a great interest of mine, i come from a modding background in the early days of CoD and remember great times playing MoH as well as CoD.

Good luck!

Here’s the same weapon I just rotated the HDRI image, it’s amazing how PBR + HDRI looks! Texturing was done in Substance Painter.

Hey, what is the state of the development?

@Aquazi,

I just started working on the project again recently. Currently I’m working one of the character clothing in Marvelous Designer. I bought the uniform from https://www.atthefront.com/ to use as reference.

WIP:

I finally finished the BAR.

This looks really good so far :slight_smile:

Any gameplay video as of yet?