Assigning Item ID Numbers

Hello all! I created a new item that I am modding into the game. I want to be able to assign an item ID number to this item so that admins can spawn in this new item. Is there a way to do this that I’ve overlooked? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

if you added it to primalgamedata blueprint Master item list, you will see the item number on the left. see Image:

dd1558e741c3b278b3c3016090248b6ca31505ee.jpeg

Admins can always spawn the item using the direct path without an id, however assigning an ID is done by the master item list in your gamedata_bp_child. The ID is just the index number that you selected. Expect this to change soon enough however when they move to a name based system for items. An example of spawning an item directly in my mod (named PIS_InfiniteTorch.uasset) inside Mods/TorchBoost2/StandingTorches is

giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/TorchBoost2/StandingTorches/PIS_InfiniteTorch.PIS_InfiniteTorch'" 1 1 false

Edit Be sure to read ARK Dev Kit Update Notes! (Current: 222.6) - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

So, how can I set it to be a much higher number so as to not have to keep updating the mod? they seem to add new items quite often after all :P.

For some reason I can’t get the spawning to work at all, it’s super frustrating. I had to assign an item id, but that part works great.

I am having trouble getting the new item to spawn in. I have it assigned to a number but the admin command isn’t working.

What is the item you are trying to add in?
Are you cooking it and testing in game?
Have you tried giveitem in the editor in the test map level?

If you have it put in correctly in the master item list, and you use the array index on the left to add it in then even if you haven’t put in the structure details or other parts it will spawn the item.

Another reason it won’t spawn your item is if you aren’t loading your custom mod data, and just loading the generic TheIsland data instead, best way to test, is open the TestMap level in the Maps folder that came with the game and set the Primal Game Data Override to your custom PrimalGameData_BP